Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Guy contacted me with this pump for sale off my ad,I'm not sure what type of pump it is,i don't have my book with me to reference this one,seller dose not know,5-gallon? & i thought there might be a top missing??

_1.jpg _2.jpg _3.jpg

CHRIS
BUYING ANYTHING EARLY HUMBLE OIL CO.
BUY SELL TRADE ORIGINAL GAS PUMP PARTS
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Chris, I am certainly not positive or an authority but it sure looks like the two Tokheim 117 "Victory Visibles" minus the top hat, and a pull down piece of curved metal that covers the glass for overnite storage that I had a few years back. If it is a Victory 5 gallon, it was made in the late teens early 20's and is a $2500 pump complete any day in our neck of the woods. A keeper! Maybe someone else can identify it better than me. Rob

Last edited by 1 BAD ZR1; Sat Sep 25 2010 11:55 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It is a Tokheim Victory Visible #225 [1920-26] only made as a 5gal. Missing top casting as stated & missing the 2 sheet metal sleeves [1 slides sideways inside the other to close off access to cylinder].
Scobie can do a castiron re-casting of the top.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Chris, further investigation gives me another thought. I think this is a Tokheim 225 "Victory" hand operated and had electric lights. There was a Tokeim 199/200 that was motor driven. Also my comment about a pull down piece of metal was wrong. It should be rather an outer curved stationary piece (mounted inside the rods)that was covering 3/4s of the cylinder. Inside this metal was a curved piece of tin that was "pulled across the 1/4 of exposed cylinder" to completely cover the glass at night ect. I may be all off but if it is a 225 I would restore it as there can't be many out there as I have only seen a handful in 30 yrs of collecting. Lets here other opinions. I am probably wrong. Rob

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Rob, your remembering pretty good for another OLD guy! LOL
But both pcs. of sheet metal goes outside the rods.
Outer pc has 2 rectangular holes so when in open position cylinder can be seen from either side.
Also should have a Totalizer on top of cylinder [Hope it wasn't removed, will be hard to replace].

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Whatch out heaviest pump I have moved. May not be quite as bad since its missing the castiron top. Cylinder is saposed to be hard to find, that one looks good. Good luck.
Brandon

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Just got back to the garage from yesterday. Your right Dick. I forgot the whole idea was to seal off the cylinder at night. Would have been nothing to hold the curved tin from caving in thus mounted outside the rods. Been too long at 59 yrs old!! Ditto on the totalizer. Would be VERY hard to find as there aren't a lot of these around. I never thought Tokheim had the best looking visibles, but the 36 B clock - WOW. Thanks for making me remember the rest. I knew someone would come up with the answer. At least I didn't have to use a book, I am not that far gone and neither are you Dick !!!! Take care Rob

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved