Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
My wife purchased this Flying A gasoline sign off ebay from member with over 200 great feedbacks 100 percent, but after seeing a few repops im concerned help me out fellas, and let me know what you think. it is metal and is 25 1/2 inches in diameter.

flying a small.jpg flyingasmall2.jpg

LUCKY'S LONESTAR GAS & OIL

««Looking for the Sinclair Mobiline and Pennsylvania Motor Oil Vertical Signs
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I believe its a fake, i'm *****!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I can't find a 25 1/2" dia sign for Flying A/Tide Water/Tydol companies in my "Oil Company Signs, Collector Guide".

I'm no expert, even with my imagination, so hopefully the sign collectors and the Tydol/Tide Water/Veedol/Flying A collectors will give you their input.

Contact the seller and see what they have to say. An honest seller will give your wife her money back. If they are dishonest, contact paypal/credit card company or bank and see what they say.

Last edited by Bob Richards; Sun Oct 17 2010 02:08 PM.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
aftermarket sign

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
but keep the wife!! A+ for effort!!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
haha yeah, I know she tried, bummed!!!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
DON'T Give up.
Hopefully she used a Credit/Debit Card thru Pay Pal to Back Charge.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Your sign is a repro made by Signpast. http://www.huskyliners.com/Reproduction-Vintage-Signs

As far as I know all 25 1/2" signs are reproductions. This company also makes 42" signs.

It's a good idea to get catalogs from all the aftermarket suppliers so that you know what is being reproduced. Having copies of gas and oil collecting books also helps. (you can buy them through this site) And don't be like me.........with all the info at my finger tips I was too lazy to do the research on a sign that I was bidding on. Once I had the sign in my hands I knew it didn't look right. Then I took the time to look it up and sure enough, it was a repro. The seller didn't want to give me my money back until Paypal got involved and forced the issue.

TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
I looked at that sign on ebay too. I passed due to I could not find that sign in any book even close to that size. I am looking for that sign in the 6ft version, but having a hard time finding one local. I would not worry. I'm sure you will get your money back but it may take some time on the phone with paypal or the seller. Good Luck!!

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
for sure a new repo...these have been floating around ebay for awhile,,don`t be too mad at your wife,at least she thought of you,,my wouldn`t buy anything if it was gas or oil related,might get her hands dirty....their`s some 91/4 inch on ebay now that look pretty nice but he states that they are repo`s..... if you don`t want the sign,,send it out west lol,,,,, be aware these days, !!!! txs alan

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks guys, yeah she found a great, site that tells the whole history on the signs http://logoproducts4less.com/flying-a-gasoline.html
Bummer but I'm working on getting my money back, found a great 42" Red Crown sign i've been hunting for, thats what the cash is going too!! Thanks again, and man am i glad i found this forum, you guys are a great group! Reguards!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
When/IF anyone has Doubts about an item, Better to ask BEFORE Bidding.
Same w/ Values, Ask before buying not after you bought it.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...THEN AGAIN, SOMETIMES LIFE'S EXPERIENCES (LIKE THIS) WILL TEACH YOU A LESSON! wink

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Don't feel too bad Lucky.I think many of us have been burned a time or two;I know I have.

Persnally,I would keep it because your wife tried to help.I've got a piece on display in my collection that is so low grade that I normally wouldn't put it up,but since my sister-in-law bought it for me and mailed it from Indiana it's there and it will stay.Just my thoughts,nothing more.

Gasex,check John Mancino's (sp?)site,Gasstuff.com (I hope).Has a couple of signs on there you might want to look at.He is in NY.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I couldn't say it any better than Old Iron.
I'll only add, buy your Wife flowers and take her out to make sure she knows how much you care for her. She's a keeper for sure!!!
Mike

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved