Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
NOTE: Pictures of car are at end of posting. This 1981 Honda Civic Wagon is what can be termed “a good survivor car”. It has had just one owner (husband and wife), and traveled only 83,700 miles since new. The owners, now in their 80’s, have asked me to help them sell their original condition Honda. They don’t have a computer, so I’m lending a hand. I am not a broker or dealer….just someone helping them out. The clear Wisconsin title will be conveyed from these original owners to the buyer. The car is garaged in Stevens Point, Wisconsin.

Let me begin by saying this 1981 Honda Wagon has a rust-free body. The car was purchased new in Wisconsin by the couple. It has spent all of its life garaged. According to the owners, the car was not driven in the Wisconsin winters. To me, that was also apparent after carefully looking the Honda over. No rust repair has ever been done on this vehicle, and none is needed now.

I want to also state that the pictures flatter the exterior of this car. By that, I mean there are some minor dents, scrapes, and scratches on a number of the body panels. Most of these AREN’T evident in the photos. I was able to capture a picture of the worst dent (on the passenger’s side rear wheel dog leg). So….no body rust, original paint, but a number of small dings and scratches. Let’s just say this Honda was used as an everyday, summer vehicle by these folks….not babied, or treated as a collector car. It is probably worthwhile to mention again that this Honda Wagon has just 83,700 miles on it.

The Honda is silver in exterior color (color code NH-62M), and has a red cloth and vinyl interior. It has the original HONDA front mud guards and original red HONDA front floor mats. Here are some other details:

-Automatic transmission
-Power brakes
-Manual steering
-Radio delete
-Very presentable interior, including door panels, armrests, headliner, dash pad, and all seats (except the
driver’s seat, which has a split one bolster, as shown in a photograph I have available).
-Good steering wheel
-Passenger’s side front window does not crank down (we have not wanted to force it).
-Front tires appear to have near-new tread depth. Rear tires show more wear.
-Front and rear bumpers are straight and have good chrome.
-The rubber bumper insert strips and rubber or vinyl bumper ends are very good.
-The car starts good. It seems to run, shift, and stop fine.

According to the Honda’s owners, the wagon was maintained at an old-time garage near their home. There is currently a NAPA oil filter on the engine, so it appears the work was done at a professional shop. The car’s owners have not been able to locate the service records for the vehicle. This elderly couple recently changed residences, and that may explain why. So, no info is available as to the maintenance history of this vehicle.

Again, I am not the seller of this car, but am simply making its availability known. This 1981 Honda Civic Wagon is being sold “as is”, by the original owners. There is no warranty given or implied by the owners, or any other party. A possible buyer should verify all the information provided here, with an in-person inspection and test drive. The asking price on this Honda is $4,300.

Please email me to receive 20+ photos of this car. You can also call John at 715-341-6188, if you have questions. Thanks for looking.

ah1DSC00033.jpg ah2DSC00023.jpg ah3DSC00005.jpg ah11DSC00021.jpg
Last edited by Jolly-John; Sat Oct 16 2010 06:37 AM.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Still in great shape for the age smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow!! Still Looks Brand New. Kind of a Neat Looking little Car.

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
@29 YEARS OLD, IT'S ALREADY A CLASSIC!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
Thanks for the comments, guys. I thought this might be a neat, little go-to-school car for somebody's son or daughter. Great gas mileage and easy to fix.

I'm told these 1980-81 Honda engines regularly go to 175,000 miles and more, with just regular maintenance. Heck, when you look at most used cars in our area, $4,000 only gets you a high-mileage, beat-up, rusty car!! Best, John

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sweet ride, I love wagons.

J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
As I mentioned, Guys....I'm simply helping the original owners, an elderly couple, sell this '81 Honda Civic Wagon. Nothing in it for me.

I know they want to simplify their lives and get this car to a new home. So, I'm sure they will entertain offers. I have every reason to believe this 83,700 mile car could be driven home just about any distance. John

J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
Wow....that didn't take long. This neat little Honda Civic Wagon has been SOLD. Thanks for the interest, Gang. John

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved