Print Thread
#209510 Mon Oct 25 2010 02:31 PM
S
spencer Online Content OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
S
I was wondering the value of a Schrader Tire Gauge can. 6" diameter by 14 3/4" tall. Do not have picture, but it's the same one and same condition as the one pictured on page 307 of the book "Value guide to Gas Station memorabilia" by B.J. Summers and Wayne Priddy. It has 23 gauges and a tin with caps inside the can. The guy wants $600. Any help on value would be appreciated. Spencer

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Is it red or gray?

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I dont have that book, If it is the red one thats to high if the green one and in good shape buy it IMO

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
With out a photo it's tough but if it's really nice 600 is a fair price for the red one. If it's really nice and it's green it's a steal....

S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
S
It is the red one in excellent condition. There's one also pictured on page 110 of the book "Gas Station Collectables" by Mitch Stenzler and Rick Pease. Thanks for the replies. Spencer

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have to admit (some of you know this already) I have become fascinated by these cabinets. What colors did these come in? I knew about the red one. Is the green one the greenish/bluish/grey one? LOL LOL For example I'd guess I would have to call the one on ebay item number 360312502766 green. Without a picture it would be hard to put a price on it though common condition ones (good ones) bring around $325. So I guess as collectibles go a perfect one would be $600 I have to confess the gauges are interesting too. If you go to a car show they are all over the board usually none cheaper than $20. If you buy them off fee bay and are patient you can get them for about $10 with shipping, with the average price running about $7.00 including shipping. The secondary branded Schrader gauges, Michelin, Firestone, Goodyear and Store named ones bring higher prices $20 - 30. So there is added value in the cabinet since it has 23 gauges with it (and the caps/tin too). John

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
If it’s in excellent condition that’s a good price, there was a NOS mint one at Hershey and the seller was asking $2200 for, that’s CRAZY money but it sold (I don’t know for what?). The green one is larger than the red cabinet, there is a small die cut sign that goes on top of the green cabinet, about 98% of the ones you see are missing the sign, the last mint one I saw with the sign brought around $2600.

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Spencer I think you better go get it quick LOL smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Actually I am working on making a copy of the sign for the top of my cabinet. Also any one reading this, I posted several months ago I am looking for the chucks marked Schrader. They came in both barbed and threaded ends. Thanks John

Last edited by Fueluser; Tue Oct 26 2010 07:55 AM.
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
S
Guys,
Thanks for all the information. A friend and I are buying a bunch of gas stuff from this guy and this can was one item we did not know a value on. Were trying to get a discount if we buy everything from him, so we hope to get the can for less than the $600 asking price. Thanks again. Spencer

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved