Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#209724 Tue Oct 26 2010 04:54 PM
JimT Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Could someone show me the correct nozzle for a Wayne 60? I need one but dont know what I'm looking for. Thanks

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
JimT #209776 Tue Oct 26 2010 06:22 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Last edited by Dick Bennett; Tue Oct 26 2010 06:24 PM. Reason: Wrong web page
Dick Bennett #209778 Tue Oct 26 2010 06:31 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have some Wayne nozzles for sale but all would need replating. I also have a large inventory of brass nozzles from the same era. The Wayne chrome plated nozzle, supposedly came as standard equiptment on the Wayne 60 but many times, another nozzle was used as a replacement. Its kind of your choice!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
K W FRITH #209825 Tue Oct 26 2010 11:58 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
All the pump companies advertised their pumps as coming with a choice of having a nozzle with either a solid or a flex end. This was true if you were buying a box car full of pumps, but if you were buying just one pump from the local service station equipment dealer, you purchased the pump (it was in a crate with everything including either a solid or a flex nozzle) and it was delivered to your station. They opened the crate, installed the pump and you started selling gasoline using what ever nozzle was on the pump.

Nozzles only lasted six months or so, depending on the volume of gasoline you sold...so when the nozzle failed you needed to keep selling gasoline. You didn't call the local service repair company to come out and get your nozzle to rebuild it. You went to your shelf where you had one, two or three (depending your volume of sales) rebuilt nozzles. These were supplied by a rebuilder, he put them there on consignment, and you took one of them and put it on your pump and continued selling gasoline.
He came by about once a month, saw that you had used one of his nozzles, replaced it, and charged you for the one you had used.
The one you used could have been one that had Tokheim, or Wayne or whatever, or had been a generic nozzle like OPW, McDonald, Morrison or MVC on it, it didn't matter to you what was on the nozzle, you just wanted to keep pumping gasoline.
So, now we are restoring pumps. It is your decision on how authentic you want the pump to be. Do you want the nozzle to be the one that was on the pump when it came out of the crate, or are you ok with any nozzle from the era. Look at it this way, if you were restoring a 1950s Chevrolet car, would you put a Dodge owners manual in the glove box?

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
JimT #209873 Wed Oct 27 2010 07:57 AM
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Jack
That's great information. I was wondering why I have three pumps all the same style with three diffrent nozzles and which was correct. Now I klnow, all three.
Johnny

Looking for Canadian Imperial and Canadian North Star.
John Neilsen

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved