Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
t-ray Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Look at item 290445640630 being sold by ROAD-RELICS on Ebay.

He uses the word "Porcelain and Neon" in the title so the search engines on Ebay pick it up. IE Keyword Spamming..

A homemade wood Buick sign.. with his description "..there is also a date of 1932 at the bottom however this is in different paint & may have been added later..."

Looks like someone cut up a wood boat dock somewhere and had a 4th grader to paint Packard Buick on it..and Darrel "may have" scribbled a 1932 date on it??

Nice Neon...oh yeah I forgot its PRE-Neon and PRE-Porcelain so its minus both.. ..bargain priced for just $2500 Buy It Now!!

pbuick1.jpg pbuick.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T-Ray--From your attack on Darryl, are we supposed to presume you are innocent of all charges to selling reproduction gas & oil items as original???? Inquiring minds want to know???

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
The paint patina looks old me.

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
T
t-ray Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Attack?. I am merely stating what I see he has listed.. just like you and everyone else do here!!This $2500 sign is a JOKE for a homemade one of a kind sign!! Misrepresented as being Neon and Porcelain when its not!! Been altered and who knows what else! I state my items as I see them.. And your comment has nothing to do whatsoever with this topic KFRITH!! It looks obvious to me you want to defend his auction as being authentic.. Stay on topic if you can!! I doubt anyone would pay $300 for this let alone $2500?? Would you KFRITH??

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T-ray, I think your going to loose this battle, you should give up while you can…

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
does it matter how much i want for the Packard, Buick, Graham Paige ??? Its a 1 of a kind folky piece & its guaranteed 100% with a money back guarantee for any reason, even if you don't likeit & have buyers remorse.....in my opinion its worth more than the $2500 as its one of a kind...at least its old, original & not recently made like all of your stuff....once you buy something from ray you are stuck with it....

...by the way ray i dug up this old auction information.

.you stated i bought these bird cages at least 10 years ago, LIE, i bought them in May of 2008 here is the auction company & results where i spent $22,000 on these bird cages....go to....

http://www.k-bid.com/cgi-bin/mnarcview.cgi?klosteria/2008052202 ...

......click on "click here to view & bid" then go page # 3 then see lot #'s 838, 839, 840 etc. etc.

i bought lot #'s 826, 827, 828, 829,830, 831,832,833,834,835,836,837,838, 839, 840 & several more lots..I also have the sales reciept....and ray, if you think i made all of this up go to the auction houses home page
http://www.k-bid.com

, then click on "archives", then page 69 & you will see the auction for Rayvick Mobil Station auction on May 22nd 2008......

so now you can see ebay name treasureray is throwing smoke blinds out there to throw you off his bogus auctions.....watch he will come up with some phony excuse, .......ask him to prove where he bought all HIS multiples of his bogus signs...it would never happen, he made them........

this is a great place for this to happen as it may educate some people on treasureray's tactics & all his bogus items

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WHO IS THIS t-ray Character from Ind with 25 posts..on only 3-4 items & hasn't posted in Almost a YEAR ?
Check his profile..no name or email addy..

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T-Ray--I believe In was on topic when I asked you a question that you have eithern ignored or tried to dodge! I have no thoughts on Darryls item, but I do have thoughts on your post that showed up immediately after Darryl posted this comment and I quote:"beware of treasureray, he has been producing & selling bogus advertising for more than 20 years" It got me to wondering if you were angry over his comments or simply trying to create a smokescreen to take attention away from your own actions???
I'm going to ask again---
are we supposed to presume you are innocent of all charges to selling reproduction gas & oil items as original???? Inquiring minds want to know???

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
His name is ray schope & is very well known in the antique advertsing world, i first seen him approx. 20 years ago at the Indy Ad Show, long before many were collecting......ask guys like Wayne Woodrum king of the clocks, Bob Newman from L.A. with a couple million dollar collection.......i could give many more names of people who would confirm this but i better keep them out of it..Bob & Wayne are very vocal about it & will confirm it...he has been reproducing signs for more than 20 years & selling them as original, however he stays mostly with the soda & generic advertising howevr has dabbled with anything that he can make money with....he use to come to the Indy Ad Show to try & sell to the dealers there, until he was kicked out....I could go on & on about this guy...he is among the worst.......

here are some of his reproduction bogus clocks & signs that were on ebay & he has multiples of them & some are on there now as we speak

http://cgi.ebay.com/1959-SUNDROP-Light-U...=item588a539a8e

http://cgi.ebay.com/1940s-AIR-PUMP-3-Str...=item588a539a70

he is very good at reproducing cast aluminum & here is a Harley Davidson .....item what a joke, i wished Harley would track him down

http://cgi.ebay.com/1960s-HARLEY-DAVIDSO...=item5d2b9a5782

a 1940's tootsie roll sign..... LOL....yeah sure....just another great find by ebay name "treasureray"
http://cgi.ebay.com/1940s-TOOTSIE-ROLL-C...=item588a8f8001

how about a Solid Brass Louisville Sluuger Plant plaque,,it gets worse by the minute.yeah its solid brass all right, solid cast brass which he just recently made

http://cgi.ebay.com/Louisville-Slugger-B...=item588a539ab5

look at this repo coke piece,He says, its dated 1933 however i can't authenticate it, HELLO, you made it ray you should be able to authenticate it

http://cgi.ebay.com/Round-COCA-COLA-Bras...=item588a539ac9

The list goes on & on , just go here to see all of his auctions that are completely bogus

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/treasurer...dc=1&_rdc=2

judge for yourself how honest ebay name treasureray is

i think he must of got the boot here also like every where else he goes.....not many people have seen ray in person but i have many times at the Indy Ad Show & he is one creepy dude..he looks as bad outside as he is inside...

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Dick, he has only posted 11 times before today and not ONCE has he added any thing positive to our site every post has been bashing others I not sure why the moderators have not kicked him off from here long before now. and he would not DARE post his info as he has people hunting for him as we speak! Hides behind a computer and sells new repos as old. Daryl has it right just a smoke screen to cover up a theft enterpise. If he were on the up and up he would post contact info with his ebay auctions. Not sure if you have ever bought any thing from him but once he gets your money you own it NO returns. I think he had an attorney write this for him: All sales are final, sold as-is, where is! Athough I TRY my best to describe the condition, authenticity or age of an item, "I do not guarantee it"! Your appraisal of the condition of the item(from the photos -description) may be completely different than mine. By bidding you hereby agree to these terms and conditions. If you are not completely satisfied then DO NOT BID!

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Originally Posted By: roadrelics
His name is ray schope & is very well known in the antique advertsing world, i first seen him approx. 20 years ago at the Indy Ad Show, long before many were collecting......ask guys like Wayne Woodrum king of the clocks, Bob Newman from L.A. with a couple million dollar collection.......i could give many more names of people who would confirm this but i better keep them out of it..Bob & Wayne are very vocal about it & will confirm it...he has been reproducing signs for more than 20 years & selling them as original, however he stays mostly with the soda & generic advertising howevr has dabbled with anything that he can make money with....he use to come to the Indy Ad Show to try & sell to the dealers there, until he was kicked out....I could go on & on about this guy...he is among the worst.......

here are some of his reproduction bogus clocks & signs on ebay right now

http://cgi.ebay.com/1959-SUNDROP-Light-U...=item588a539a8e

This is a 15" square clock face for Sundrop Cola. Marked and dated 1959 "SHOULD SAY 2007" with the Pam Clock Co name at the bottom. When "lit up" the background is a dark green. The face fits "any" square light-up 15" Pam clock...such as Coke, Bulova, Kodak etc. Sundrop clocks sell around $500, as listed in the Advertising Clocks book, and were a step ahead of their time because of the intricate "pinup girl" photographic process involved to create the face back then. The face is a high gloss plastic "duratrans film" that fits between 2 pieces of clear glass(not included) as originally made. Instructions are also included on how to install it on your clock. "Only a very few available for sale". Ya right that is why he has sold over 60 of them in the last 3 years. Most legitimate collectors and or sellers would be happy for a life time to find even 10 of an original item but Treasureray always seems to find 50 or more of every "original" item he finds. He can keep bashing all of us for as long as he would like but it does not take a rocket scientist to see what he is up to.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Everyone here knows the back ground... if you don't and feel like wasting some time go to the top of the page... click search... advance search... and type t-ray under posts by member and you will see his track record.

My opinion is we are beating a dead horse here. Remember the rules is no bashing or you could find yourself getting suspended.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Easier than that John,
Left click on user name & click View post to see them.

I think it is a good idea just to ignore this subject.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Too bad that this goes on still. If all it takes to get kicked off is to do what was stated, then why is this person allowed to continue on this venue. Sounds like a personal vendetta. If someone does not like anyones pricing then just don't buy it and be done.

Craig
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved