Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#210121 Thu Oct 28 2010 07:09 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
item number 270656062716

jake@aaroads.com

any questions about road signs - authenticity, value, etc - ask away!

the AARoads shield gallery - over 10,000 historic highway marker photos

San Diego, CA - US 80, 101, 395
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
sold! I took it down because someone was willing to pay me the Buy It Now price, minus the eBay and paypal fees. I had listed for 363.23, and took 330 in cash. why make eBay richer?

that 10% goes a long way smile

jake@aaroads.com

T
T
deleted

Last edited by Oldgas; Tue Nov 02 2010 04:57 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If highway signs are now worthless, then why did the Tenn 31 that went off ebay 3 days ago bring over 1000 bucks? Anyone got any Tenn embossed shields for sale I will buy them at the 330 price the Georgia sign sold for. Anyone with a Tenn for sale, please, please, please send me an PM.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I have no idea what Mr. T-Ray had to say before the comment got deleted - but I will assume he did not value highway markers to the extent that a lot of collectors do.

Well, then I invite to sell me his collection for pennies on the dollar wink

jake@aaroads.com

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
wait ... I'm pretty slow-witted, so it took me a bit of time to put everything together. But "T-Ray" is our friend Treasure Ray.

A known seller of falsely presented reproduction and fantasy signs - he's made a buck or thousand misrepresenting items for what they are not... and, somehow, he has the spheres to spam me - both on this forum and in person - with personal attacks. I do thank him for requesting that I perform biologically impossible tasks for his entertainment. Whatever gets you through the night, pal.

Mr. T-Ray, I notify you, again: you bash it, you bought it. So please send me $2610 or thereabouts for my signs that you have cast aspersion on, and I'll be happy to send them to you, and you can insult them all you want in the privacy of your own home.

jake@aaroads.com

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm sorry Agent, but the signs you make are exactly why the hobby suffers from repros made to look original. Your signs are trouble now and will be even more trouble in years to come when people can't tell the difference and pay big bucks thinking they are the real thing.

And I am in no way defending T-Ray, who sells this same type of ***** as original, can you imagine how he will fool the public with "Exact size and shape Reproductions"

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: KZ1000
Your signs are trouble now and will be even more trouble in years to come when people can't tell the difference and pay big bucks thinking they are the real thing.

I disagree with you on the following grounds: information is getting very tough to lose. As opposed to it being buried in one book, it's readily accessed thanks to google and whatnot.

I've entered into the historical record that, for example, mine have white backs while the real ones have mottled backs, and that knowledge isn't suddenly going to go away like it would have in, say, 1985 if I were to have told comparatively few people who then were inaccessible to the rest of the world.

we're busy reconstructing what is happening with T-53 style pegasi and whatnot and once we get to the bottom of that, we're not going to forget. It's the same thing with my highway markers, except we're already at the bottom of it and will continue to stay there.

jake@aaroads.com

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T-rays comment was deleted by oldgas himself Jim Potts for the rules say not to personally bash members. T-ray couldn't comment without negativity.

I must say the signs you make are nice... i agree reproductions are needed as many can not afford originals or just like to decorate. We have been down the road of marking reproductions many times and since you make unmarked reproductions i would love to here your answer to my question.

Why do you make unmarked reproductions?

You said people can spend a little time googling and searching but why make someone question everything they buy because of unmarked reproductions? Just a small year date or custom made by or something along those lines.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree with Jarvis repros have there place in this hobby, but should be marked. If you dont mark it some one will get burned. Look at the T 53 mobil pegasus sign, not marked and people are getting burned on that everyday.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The sign I bought from agentsteel53 is dated.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Scott,
The 2 he has on ebay are not marked... so some are marked and some are not?

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I don't know about everyone else,but I for one am waiting patiently for your response to a simple question posed by JJ:

"Why do you make unmarked reproductions?"

Should require a simple answer.Either you do,or you don't.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Still waiting

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There's no GOOD reason to make UNMARKED repros.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved