Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#210704 Mon Nov 01 2010 07:21 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Hello Everyone,

I am restoring a Tokheim 39 Short pump that I bought without the retractor mechanism in it. I purchased one, but I am unsure how it mounts. This is not the retractor with weights, but a heart shaped (see picture of shell) spring loaded retractor. This pump has the hose come out of middle of the pump and the retractor cable also comes out of a hole in the sheet metal about in the middle lower portion of the pump. If anyone has this type of retractor, I would love to see a picture of it mounted in the pump.

Thanks for the help.

IMG00517-20101031-1959.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
N
OP Offline
N
I know there are lots of 39's out there, no one has seen this retractor type before? I really need to know how and where to mount this.

V
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
V
Nobody?

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have seen that type before but it was not on a T39. I checked about 20 or so of the 39's I have and none use this type.
I could be wrong but I was thinking that the retractor you have is an add on when the pump did not come so equipped. A picture of your side panel where the cable comes thru might shed some light on it. A factory 39 with a hose retractor has a special made opening for the cable. The aftermarket add on's have a hole drilled straight thru with a nylon grommet pointing straight out the sides. Keep in mind that there are many variations in these pumps and it is hard to remember how they all were.
I know that does not solve your problem but maybe this might jog somebodies memory. Tom.

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
I have 15-20 parts pumps out back too, and none of them had that style of retractor.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved