Does anyone have a pic of this to post it would settle all questions......
No question...glass and plastic flames were both used on signs.
Standard started using the glass version in '46 or '47. The plastic version was introduced in the mid 1950's. There was a 2 pc porcelain bowl that mounted to the top of the sign. The flame mounted in the bowl.
Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.http://www.lastgas15.com/