Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
jkyocom #211602 Sat Nov 06 2010 07:03 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I believe that the one I am currently buying has those parts. The computer I have now and the one that I am getting both only go up to .99 9/10. What does that "garbage can" looking part do anyway? Been trying to figure that out.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
scalebowler #211609 Sat Nov 06 2010 09:37 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Had a short lived victory with the old one. I actually got the thing to start counting gallons and got the stuff on the side to start sliding sort of like it should. The gears where the bottom with the price reels attaches to the top with the gallon and price reels are not meshing right but I did get the thing to count out a few gallons while turning it by hand and it did reset but I ended up snapping that little cup that attaches to the handle on the side of the pump off. Oh well. I'm getting a nice clean one soon so it is not that big of a deal. I will save this one for a pump that I don't want to put a motor in.

scalebowler #211650 Sun Nov 07 2010 09:02 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The "Dash Pot" on the side slows the spring down to keep from slamming into position. There is a small leather cup inside and a small hole in the piston/plunger to release air at a slower rate. That is what slows the spring action.
There is also a computer that does not use the dashpot though it may be added. Most of the time they are in Tokheim pumps and are referred to as "SLAMBACKS"
The spring will not be slowed by the dash pot and keep your fingers clear when you reset!!!!!

On a semi auto,, you load the spring with one coupling and release it with the other....when you release the spring it will reset and be ready to count....if you do not understand the order in which it works and do not have it in the run position you may not be able to make it work right.

Do not rely on what or how many wheels to identify these types of computers.
The way to identify is by the reset mechs on the side.
There are Through Shafts, Extended Center Shafts, Semi Automatic, Slambacks, etc.,some use electric resets..which are set up for G&B, or setup for Tokheim,,,,there are several different models that at first look the same but are not the same....you can't judge a computer by what wheels it has, you have to look at the PARTS on the sides.
The pic HI-Octane posted is for an electric reset....possibly G&B or Southwest....definatly NOT a Tokheim electric reset.

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
jkyocom #211651 Sun Nov 07 2010 09:19 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The computer in your post is either a 2002 or 2002-E the smaller price wheel on the left is for 1 or 2 dollar price mode.
It will go higher than 99 9/10.

Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
jkyocom #211796 Sun Nov 07 2010 07:40 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I just notcied that it says 2002 in the begining of the serial number. Did not know that they put the model number in there too. I also did not even realize that the little black thing in the front was a price wheel. I thought it was just some thing that was put there for some unknown reason. I guess it is because there are no numbers on it. How do you set it for more than 99.9 cents? It has the little reel but there are only 3 of the price changing things that you move either up or down inside the gear box at the bottom.

scalebowler #211865 Mon Nov 08 2010 05:52 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
change from 99 to 100 mode w/ short rounded end RANGE shifter.
It is on top of the variator on the right side of one of the 10ths wheels...it should be locked down by a carter pin

Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
jkyocom #214742 Tue Nov 23 2010 02:41 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
It looks like the one I bought is an electric reset one but the cool thing is it works in my pump. The reset lever does not reset it anymore but I can move the gear into the position to make it run and I can run the computer with a motor without having to remove the nozzle now. The reset lever will even hook up to the cup thing on the side of the gear and gravity will keep it in the correct position.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved