Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Air Meter auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Looking for nice face plates, glass and rubber to hold them in,(I don't know if they had a trim piece or not?) new (or nice) tab/bolts for holding ad glass (see pic, I need 8), tabs to bolt face plate on, site glass, etc.
I'm brand new to restoring pumps and need as much help as I can get.
THANKS!

front.JPG face.JPG ad glass pegs.JPG

May God Bless You and Yours!
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Welcome, The bolts can be straightened and reused. Just bead blast them and paint. The version you have does not use trim around the adglass. It simply is pushed carefully into place and the flexibility of the bolts hold it. I use a bit of clear silicone at each bolt/glass point to be sure glass stays put. I'll have two of these posted on my web site in a few days under Currently Available and For Sale. We did one each showing the trimmed adglass and the non-trim. We have the window rubber in stock along with other parts you might need? Best regards, Paul www.severngaspumps.com

OP Offline
gasman, did you see how twisted they were? I know one of them already has a broken off tip. Did you say you have two of the bolts for sale, or did you mean two peices of glass? THANKS!

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I did see how twisted they are but have straightened worst.....a little time in a vise and a hammer on a concrete floor...they'll be good as new. I have two bolts available @ $2.50 each plus postage. I personally use plexiglass from Home Depot for windows. A local glass shop can cut glass for you if you'd rather go that way? We keep this rubber is in stock for window mounting. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

OP Offline
Thanks, I'll take both of the bolts and enough rubber to do both outside peices of glass. How is the easiest way to get payment to you? Should I just call?
Also, does the outside peices of glass have trim, or just rubber? What are the dimensions of the ad glass? I assume you sell the ad glass also?
Is there any chance of having the metal face plates? It seems like everybody has the Bowser 585A and C plates, but not the B.

THANKS again for all of your help, there is NO WAY I would be able to finish this pump without this website.

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Just give me a call. Shop number is 410-969-2899 cell is 410-245-3210. We'll discuss all your concerns. Regards, Paul www.severngaspumps.com

OP Offline
I just called and left a message. As soon as I get back from vacation next week, I'll call and put in an order for parts. (the ad glass pegs/bolts, door glass rubber, etc)

I just looked at your Bowser 585C pumps on your website, they look great!

Are the face plates available or did you have to restore yours? Do you have any "in progress" or close-up pics for reference?

Thanks again!

Last edited by Phillips '66'; Wed Oct 06 2010 03:11 PM.

OP Offline
Paul, I just talked to you on the phone; please send me a pic of a Bowser 585/595 face plate plate, if you have one available to sell. I will then send you out a check for the ad glass pegs and/or the face plate.
Again, I only need one good one. Thanks again.

OP Offline
Paul, I got my parts yeaterday, exactly what I needed. Thanks for the quick shipping.

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
The pleasure was mine. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved