Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Happy Thanksgiving all!!
Just found this website yesterday and could not help but use it as a resource in my quest to enter the petrol collecting field. I have a feeling this resource will definately help, but definately cause me to go over the financial deep end if not careful! Anyway, cleared a bunch of old stuff out of my garage and wish to replace it with quality stuff to compliment my love of everything FORD and FORD related (have a 49 and 96 ford truck), as well as anything gas related, to take me back to a simpler time as my truck always seems to do. So, been perusing ebay and quite frankly am afraid to buy anything, simply because I dont know anything! I would be easy prey to fall victim to buying something not to be as claimed. This is where I hope to get some quality direction on how to be careful. Just joining and reading since yesterday, I see how willing alot of you are to lending your expertise. So, if you could be so kind, please feel free to offer any help and know in advance it will be appreciated. Would like to also put out a request to those who might have some quality FORD and FORD related items for sale that go back to beyond where I quit reading on the "for sale" section, to please get in touch with me, as well as those who have some Mobil related items they might be offering up. I am not opposed to buying repro items, but prefer to limit myself to original stuff until my limited money resource runs out! lol. Just hoping to be offered a fair price for quality stuff would be welcomed. In the meantime, I am going to look at my first gas pump over the weekend and would like to see if I can post a pic to get some member input on the "what to look for" and "what to expect to pay" until I can get some resource books in hand to supplement your expert advice. If I cant figure out how to post before this goes up, it is I believe an M/S 80 mobil script claimed to be original from the 40's or 50's and the seller is asking a bit over $2K. So, thanks for taking the time to read this lengthy note. Hope to meet some very nice quality and honest people, which I am sure I will.

pump.jpg

Looking for early valvoline, freedom-valvoline, franklin pa items, Galena

KEVIN
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Hi and Welcome to old gas The Pump pictured is M&S model 70. Be sure that the top is metal and not fiberglass as I have not seen many model 70's with a script top on them. Feel free to ask all of the questions you have as there is a lot of knowledge with the members here on old gas. Don

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to the site. The M&S 70 with script top is rare. I have only seen two. Most of the M&S 70s that were made for Mobilgas had cast iron tops with ad glass. Not sure on value. If the restoration is nice and allthe stainless trim is straight the asking price is good.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WELCOME TO OLDGAS
Check out all the forums, as there is one for Non Petro where you might find the Ford items For Sale.
http://oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Welcome to Oldgas.This site is addicting.The people on this site are great & ready to help.Again,welcome & I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do. Lorne

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
I joined 2 months ago and this is the first site I view when turning the computer on. Everyone I have dealt with here has been great. I too am learning and you have come to the right place for that. Happy Thanksgiving to all, Tom.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome aboard.. I sounds like you got the sickness,
there are many people here to treat your illness.
Prognosis: alot of $$$ to get better.
Post a picture of the '49 Ford truck

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WELCOME TO OLDGAS.COM. YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE.

THIS WEBSITE IS LIKE A 2ND ADDRESS TO ME.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I will post a pic as soon as i can figure out how to resize it to fit. Thanks for the diagnosis btw...... figured that of course $$$$ would be the only cure!

trucks.jpg
Last edited by mrcavalcade; Thu Nov 25 2010 11:16 AM.

KEVIN
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to Shop Talk!
There's no substitute for going to the shows and specialty petro auctions and talking to other collectors and dealers. Networking with those established in the hobby will shorten your learning curve.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Happy Thanksgiving and Welcome to Oldgas.com Shop Talk!

Nice looking M&S 70.

Lots of member help and tips on our Help Forum. Check it out.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
that is a cool '49...fire engine RED..nice
it looks like the chief's truck

Last edited by advertologist; Thu Nov 25 2010 11:37 AM.

RANDY
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
another pic. Tis my baby! Now you see the need for Ford, fomoco, autolite, motorcraft stuff!

trucks2.jpg

KEVIN
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
welcome to this site did you by chance buy that truck or did you do it yourself the reason i ask that looks like a truck i used to own i sold it to a guy and he took it to carlisle to sell or maybe hershey a few years ago if it is my old truck it has real low miles later dave

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved