Next Thread
Print Thread
#21525 Sun Nov 03 2002 08:33 PM
K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K
MY FATHER WORKED FOR STAR SERVICE AND PETROLUEM DURING THE 50'S AND EARLY 60'S, I WOULD LIKE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE COMPANY AND EVEN BUY A GLOBE IF SOMEONE HAD ONE FOR SALE. MY DAD WAS A MAINTENCE MAN FOR THEM AND TRAVELED ALL OF CENTRAL IL. I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH THIS WEEKEND TO BUY TWO VISIBLE PUMPS AND ONE HAD A SKY CHIEF GLOBLE WITH IT. THE BODY IS FROM A COMPANY NAMED "HULL" DOES ANYONE KNOW OF THIS COMMPANY IF SO WHERE ARE THEY AND IS THE GLOBE ANY MORE VAULABLE ? KEN BRUCE DAY 1-800- 553-5970 EVENINGS 972-569-9438

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#21526 Mon Nov 04 2002 12:32 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ken,
Hull was a company that made globes. The bodies on their globes differ from those of the others. They use two brass screws to hold each lens to the milk glass body like the more common glass body. The difference is the globe body is hollow behind the lenses. Some globes look better lit up when they have a Hull or Gill body because they don't have the layer of milk glass between the light and the lens. A Hull body will usually bring about $50 more than a common glass body.

Can't help you with the Star history, but if you find any globes I'd be interested in buying one.

There was a Star station in the town where I live. They almost always had the cheapest prices. I can't recall when they closed that station. Possibly the mid 1990's.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#21527 Mon Nov 04 2002 10:36 PM
Hello Ken. Sounds like you have been busy out hunting again. Congrats on the new finds.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved