Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
I've always been very proud of my first pump purchase (M&S 80 short top). Eveything was there except the nozzle and hose. Stored inside for may ears, Very few dents, got it cheap, etc., etc. I've always thought it was original as it could get.

On the left is the door seal that was on my pump when I got it. On the right is the replacement that you can find just about any where. Just wondering if anybody knew if the one on the left is the correct seal? And if it is I'm wondering why the replacement is not like the real thing?

Life is like a video game. The more you play, the better you get!!!
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
The MS80's had two versions of door mounts, that I know of. The early were hinged back to pin receivers near the inside frame corners. Very difficult to adjust,etc. Anyway, these doors used the seal on the left. It was glued in place only. When the door hinges were re-designed to the more common four hinge configurement that we see today, they went to the seal on the right. Good Luck, Paul www.severngaspumps.com

D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Thanks Paul

Life is like a video game. The more you play, the better you get!!!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved