Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Originally Posted By: Ohio Oil
The stealing of globes, pumps, and various other collectibles never happened before American Pickers came around.

Never?... Ever?...Really? I have had stuff stolen from me before at my antique booth long before the above mentioned show was ever thought of. Pin pointing one reason, act, event, show, whatever is ridiculous. It is called GREED and it comes in many forms.

Keep a look out for the globes that were stolen, hopefully they will be found.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm in Kentucky, so i'll keep an eye out!

Rare pumps, Chevrolet items, Goldon Tip Gasoline, Marathon (running man)
Cell # 1-502-396-3435 email lowright@aol.com
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Guess you've never heard of sarcasm.

Note my next line that I posted...

Originally Posted By: Ohio Oil
Seriously though ...

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I understand thieves steal guns too, now that you've advertised you have them. MItch

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Quote:
I can and a lot of others on here can remember when this stuff was of no or little value, all of it. What happened to the "hobby" and how did every day junk get so valuable? Repro's, insurance, unmarked, fake, never heard that 25 yrs ago, just one lying fraud dipstick that unfortunately still is breathing. The hobby that we all started was intercepted by greed, period.

What do we have now that we didn't have 25 years ago: repro's, insurance, unmarked, fakes? Nope, they were all around 25 years ago, even 50 years ago. Maybe not in petroliana but they were out there.
INFORMATION, and lots of it, available to everybody via the INTERNET (that we didn't have 25 years ago). Lots of great stuff on the net, this site for one and knowledge to enable all this old hidden stuff to come out of the woodworks. But that same information in the wrong hands can and does have its down side too.
Theft has been around for a LONG time, what things are worth to a small nitche of collectors and new means to sell them is information now available to all.
One thing I'm curious about, did those globes have any price markings on them? If a scumbag is breaking into a van to steal whatever and see's "anything" marked at $50 or more, he's gonna take it.

Last edited by lurker; Sun Nov 07 2010 10:59 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Tom, This guy close to you up there? Martin on ebay?
I know every Martin that gets listed we can't assume it was Wes but being where it is and starting bid of $50 with now reserve?

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Ok lets go.....

Keeping your collections locked up, afraid to have them stolen, paying through the nose for stuff, trying to beat the next guy to it....

The late Marlin Brando was on a talk show years ago, where the host was asking him about a recent house fire in which he basically lost everything, his art collection, antique furniture, cars ect.. and saying how terrible it was, blah blah..

Marlin looked at him and said it was the best thing that ever happened....now I'm free...

Nothing is everything......Everything is nothing......

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Thanks guys for watching for them!
Wes had a local buddy list his other martin globe in an attempt to get a bite or possible information about others...
Here is Item # 180595461884
Special thanks to Jarvis for calling Wes the second this globe hit the market! LOL
Ill also place the add in the ebay section!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved