Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#217139 - Sun Dec 05 2010 05:32 PM Re: Moving large porcelain sign collection to US [Re: THE AMERICAN GARAGE]
Bob Richards Online   happy
Veteran Member

Loc: Longview, WA
Honestly they have been made long before the 1980's.

Since it is almost 5am in Bangladesh, maybe once their morning's routine has been set. We will see some answers to the questions that have been raised, as Kevin said.

As too what Doc just brought up, are there members here who want to help sell repop signs, marked or unmarked, that are made to look old? Unless it is hidden where the photo was cropped, that "black T" Texaco sign isn't marked in anyway I could see.

One of my problems with the sign is the lack of rust. Where the porcelain is missing on the sign, found in a country with a ton of humidity. That sign after 70+ years, if it is original, should be rusting much worse than the 5 gal can I bought and showed photos of.

I spent almost 6 months in India as a military advisor in the late 70's. During the summer, monsoons. A lot of rust, because of the wet conditions. Looking at the 'net, I see that Bangladesh has the same climate, pretty much.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#217140 - Sun Dec 05 2010 05:41 PM Re: Moving large porcelain sign collection to US [Re: KZ1000]
advertologist Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: So. Ca.
container needs to be shipped to Buenos Aires

#217144 - Sun Dec 05 2010 05:56 PM Re: Moving large porcelain sign collection to US [Re: advertologist]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
DEEP 6, next to Marianna Trench.
Unlikely for 6,000 originals to be found in one building let alone one country. STINKS like Pole Cat.

#217146 - Sun Dec 05 2010 06:07 PM Re: Moving large porcelain sign collection to US [Re: advertologist]
HI-OCTANE Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Albuquerque, N. M.
Originally Posted By: advertologist
container needs to be shipped to Buenos Aires

lol

#217148 - Sun Dec 05 2010 06:11 PM Re: Moving large porcelain sign collection to US [Re: K W FRITH]
HI-OCTANE Offline
Veteran Member

That sign does not even look right All the Texaco signs Iv seen like that said Gasoline on top not Lubricating Oil

#217149 - Sun Dec 05 2010 06:16 PM Re: Moving large porcelain sign collection to US [Re: HI-OCTANE]
THERMOMAN Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: smyrna, de USA
His plan is already in motion..... I'm sure he has already been pmed with offers to help. You will most definitely see these signs stateside quicker than than honest man would think.

#217155 - Sun Dec 05 2010 06:31 PM Re: Moving large porcelain sign collection to US [Re: THERMOMAN]
K W FRITH Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Devils Lake, ND---USA
Maybe I'm too trusting but I would hope that his plan would fall apart if they are phony and that would be the end of it. If they turn out to be real, then he should have no trouble getting help. Either way, I hope we eventually hear the final result!
Cell#-701-739-6133

#217156 - Sun Dec 05 2010 06:33 PM Re: Moving large porcelain sign collection to US [Re: THERMOMAN]
POLESIGNKID Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: CINCINNATI,OHIO
Ya and I just found a 30 yr old collection in my shed.....what do we look like idiots........

AKA PARIS HILTON!

#217157 - Sun Dec 05 2010 06:34 PM Re: Moving large porcelain sign collection to US [Re: POLESIGNKID]
POLESIGNKID Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: CINCINNATI,OHIO
O and I forgot I had them......lmao

AKA PARIS HILTON!

#217159 - Sun Dec 05 2010 06:44 PM Re: Moving large porcelain sign collection to US [Re: K W FRITH]
HI-OCTANE Offline
Veteran Member

In his profile. His occupation is listed Hojia Porcelain Works.
Sounds like he owns the warehouse where he found them. Probably bad economy in banglaesh for porcelain signs.

#217165 - Sun Dec 05 2010 07:02 PM Re: Moving large porcelain sign collection to US [Re: K W FRITH]
philmccauley Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Bardstown, KY USA
I can not see the photo, it is not showing up as an attachment. I am an hour from Louisville, but have my doubts like the rest of you.

#217178 - Sun Dec 05 2010 07:28 PM Re: Moving large porcelain sign collection to US [Re: philmccauley]
jkyocom Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: GA
if they are comming out of a building that made signs why are they beat to h*ll???
jkyocom@bellsouth.net

#217184 - Sun Dec 05 2010 07:39 PM Re: Moving large porcelain sign collection to US [Re: jkyocom]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
NOT factory 2nds that's for sure.

#217197 - Sun Dec 05 2010 08:11 PM Re: Moving large porcelain sign collection to US [Re: Dick Bennett]
Bob Richards Online   happy
Veteran Member

Loc: Longview, WA
Joe, if you were a "new" collector, would you rather buy a "new" sign, one that looked like it just had been made? Or an "original" sign? One that has been beat up by the weather? One that was hanging on an old gas station until the seller took it down?

#217226 - Sun Dec 05 2010 09:46 PM Re: Moving large porcelain sign collection to US [Re: Bob Richards]
lordparaffin Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Sunbury, PA, USA
6000 signs flooding the market, even if for some reason they are real, will most likely kill some values. I've got to wonder if some of these signs were purposely imported to that country to use as "masters" for the new stock.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved