Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#218338 Sat Dec 11 2010 12:13 PM
A
Airflow Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I'm new in here, From Norway and am generally very interested in old stuff. I've got severalt old cars including a 36 Chrysler Airflow, several old old motorcycles (mostly Suzukies from the 60s) and some other old stuff in my collection.
For a long time I've been dreaming of a old gaspump. There's not to many left of those here in Norway, but since I spend a lot of time in North Dakota, where my mom is from, I was looking there too. I did get a hint that there was one right by my parents house. I could not believe it, but in the bushes ther was a M&S Model 80 standing. I ask the neighbour if he wanted to sell it and he wasn't hard to beg.
Does anyone know how old it could be and what company it could have been used at? It's blue and the top has been red. I've been searching around the internet and I haven't found one like it. Either the pumps have the low top or they have the high top with the small glass in the top.

See how close it is to my parents yellow house. It's funny that we didn't know it was standing there, but it almost always has been leavs on the bushes when I've been there.

A pround new owner to the right.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome!!Nice looking pump.Lots of knowledge on this board that come in handy.
Joe

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Page 190 to 192 of my Gas Pump Identification book.

Since the Wayne 80 is identical, also see pages 331 to 332.

Information on the M&S 80 can be found on this page of my website:

http://www.petrolianacollectibles.com/m-s-80.htm

I have not priced the manual because it is almost 100 pages long and covers every model (and there are over 30 versions). If you are interested, just give me the model number from the ID tag and I will let you know the charge, depending on how many pages it is.

Also information on the Wayne 80 can be found at:

http://www.petrolianacollectibles.com/wayne%2080.htm

You might want to take a look at the whole website, over 10,000 images.

www.petrocollect.com

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The more you look, the more you'll find. Advertise in local papers, put up flyers @ feed/farm stores, welding shops, scrap yards. Talk to bulk dealers, heating oil drivers, linemen, meter readers, etc., offer a finders Fee.
When your called out to look at one, ASK about signs, cans, globes, maps, etc.
WELCOME TO OLDGAS

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Not sure what part of North Dakota that your mother is from but I don't recognize you or the older gentleman in the picture. I've had a couple of MS 80's with that top, so its not a rarity. I'm in Devils Lake, North Dakota. You'll have to stop by if you're ever in the area! Welcome to Old Gas!!
Kevin Frith 701-662-4386

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
V
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
V
Welcome to the site. That pump looks like it will restore nicely. The colors really don't matter as most pumps were changed over the years as the gas station changed brands, so paint it any color you want to. You might want to look through the gas pump gallery here and see what colors and brands you like. If you need any parts, most will be available right here from our members...Just ask.
If you are going to ship it to Norway, you will want to gut the pump. It will be much lighter that way and most people gut them anyway if they are just using it as a display piece.
Good luck and have fun. Keep us posted on the progress with lots of pics. Great first pump!
John

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Welcome. Nice pump. Definately one of my favorites. Good Luck, Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Welcome from another Norwegian OLDGASER My family is from Tioga N.D.
Rick

Online Content
Welcome to oldgas.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WELCOME TO OLDGAS.COM...... YOU ARE NOW INCURABLE!!! LOL!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Welcome , great group of fellas here on this site, you came to the right place. I'm a young beging collector myself and everyone on this site has been extremely helpful!

LUCKY'S LONESTAR GAS & OIL

««Looking for the Sinclair Mobiline and Pennsylvania Motor Oil Vertical Signs
A
Airflow Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks alot for the great welcome and all the replies.
Dick, how can you tell that it's a 1948? Thanks for the info and the tips about advertising tc. I will start doing that when I get to ND again.
Kevin, Devils Lake aint to far away. I spend my time in Hope. I sure will give you a call if I get up to Devils Lake.

I also have some other stuff I sure would like to have/dreaming of? I know of a big sign/pole sign from a Standard Gas Station that I thinking I can buy. How old it is, I'm not sure of, but it is at least 40 years. Also my biggest Gas-dream would be to have a Dodge Airflow gastruck, but that might be hard to get.

A
Airflow Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Does anyone know how the paint scheme for the Standard Gas pumps would be in 1948?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It's older than me.
That's the date in the books Jack Sim's wrote An ILLUSTRATED GUIDE TO GAS PUMPS, & 2nd EDITION using original literature that he has collected. If your collecting pumps, you should have it.

Another good book is A GUIDE TO GAS PUMP RESTORATION by Benjamin & Henderson, shows how different pumps were painted for different companies.
Both books can be bought thru oldgas or from the authors, if you want them signed.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to oldgas! I just went and looked out my back door to see if there was any pumps next door. LOL The airflow truck is beauitful! Here is a 1937 airflow, very cool from the back!

airflow5.jpg airflow6.jpg

Rare pumps, Chevrolet items, Goldon Tip Gasoline, Marathon (running man)
Cell # 1-502-396-3435 email lowright@aol.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved