Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Seems like the same few people can't wait to get after mrbob, I hope he does well and I will keep trying to win something on his site.A little encouragement never hurts any one .

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
maybe i need to explain myself coheley5.i have been in business for myself for over 20 years and 20 before that with my dad.one thing i learned is never to berate my potential customers on "why didnt you pick me?"many people here have pointed out good reasons why they dont go to sign of the past.and i beleive that is reason enough.if i were to talk to potential customers in the way that has been done here,i bet it wouldnt be 2 seconds before i would be tossed out on my ear,and never called again.not to mention that they would tell their friends,who wouldnt call me either.read the book!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mr Bob. People like coheley dont know, who or what I am. Frankly, I dont care. But my offers to you were give with sincerity (sp?) and the still stand. However, as has been stated here, READ the book!

'Nuff said...

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: oldnfuelish
maybe i need to explain myself coheley5.i have been in business for myself for over 20 years and 20 before that with my dad.one thing i learned is never to berate my potential customers on "why didnt you pick me?"many people here have pointed out good reasons why they dont go to sign of the past.and i beleive that is reason enough.if i were to talk to potential customers in the way that has been done here,i bet it wouldnt be 2 seconds before i would be tossed out on my ear,and never called again.not to mention that they would tell their friends,who wouldnt call me either.read the book!

You said it perfectly Mick, There are plenty of Businesses to deal with, Get spoken to like that I'll go somewhere else, Period.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
OK guys,
Your message has been sent. If Bob K chooses to listen to the comments, the next move is his.

Let's end this line of discussion here.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
H
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
H
Looks like I saw this thread a little too late.
If you would have looked at mrbobk's original post he did edit it after Doc's suggestion with a link to his website at 7:55pm which was well before you guys started jumping on him.... too bad.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I THOUGHT FOR A WHILE HERE YOU COULDN'T EDIT YOUR POST AFTER A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIME...LIKE AN HOUR SO? OR DOES THAT JUST EFFECT CERTAIN FORUM AREAS OR AM I NOT CORRECT AT ALL? LOL!

BUT SINCE I WAS ONE OF THE FIRST TO COMMENT ABOUT ADDING A LINK TO THE ORIGINAL POST, I CANNOT SEE ANY OTHER CHANGES OTHER THAN THE LINK GETTING ADDED NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES IT WAS EDITED. THE ORIGINAL POST LOOKS THE SAME TO ME...BASICALLY AN ANNOUNCEMENT.

I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THIS THREAD WENT SOUTH FROM THAT POINT ON. JM2C.

Last edited by THE AMERICAN GARAGE; Tue Dec 21 2010 08:47 AM.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I followed the thread from the beginning, the link WAS NOT added until very recently, It was not there a few days after the post started. Something is very fishy there

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Just to set things straight. Bob K did edit his first post within the 10 hours of open edit time to add the link. Nothing fishy at all.

I did change the setting Monday morning, Dec. 20 that allowed a member to check a box on the Edit form to show on the message that the post was edited or not. That is no longer an option in an effort to show complete transparency in the edit process. Now all edited messages will show the time of the last edit. Stating the reason is encouraged, but is still optional.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: KZ1000
I followed the thread from the beginning, the link WAS NOT added until very recently, It was not there a few days after the post started. Something is very fishy there

NOTHING FISHY AT ALL AS JIM SAID. I SAW THE LINK ADDED PRETTY MUCH WITHIN A FEW HOURS AFTER MY POST SUGGESTING THAT BOB ADD IT.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Originally Posted By: Oldgas
OK guys,
Your message has been sent. If Bob K chooses to listen to the comments, the next move is his.

Let's end this line of discussion here.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Oldgas

I did change the setting Monday morning, Dec. 20 that allowed a member to check a box on the Edit form to show on the message that the post was edited or not. That is no longer an option in an effort to show complete transparency in the edit process. Now all edited messages will show the time of the last edit. Stating the reason is encouraged, but is still optional.

Good move!

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved