Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#218604 - Sun Dec 12 2010 04:19 PM New Member /Before and after Fry #17
37buick Offline

Loc: South central Pa
Spent the last 2 hours trying to set up images to get ready to post. Then I guess the post text timed out!
My pump was given to me by a friend. He bought it at an auction of an old Franklin dealership about 1955 around Pittsburgh. He decided to scrap out any thing of value,(brass plumbing,pump unit,base etc.) Even though the cylinder was not broken(just a couple of BB holes)it was also discarded. He made up an octagon brass frame with patterned glass. Installed a lamp socket and receptical to plug in extension cords. It served as a yard-lite for 30 years. When he moved from Adams Co.Pa,in 2006 he passed it on to me. It had sat in the garage I built with him in 1987 well buried in stuff. I was about to just restore what he had done(and use as a yard-lite)having new glass cut. My son"s Huskie wrapped his leash around the pump pulled it over breaking the glass and plowing furrows in the lawn. Hence my decision to actually try to restore a FRY 17. When my frustration with the picture posting is over I will try again.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#218620 - Sun Dec 12 2010 05:12 PM Re: New Member /Before and after Fry #17 [Re: 37buick]
Vermonter Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: VT
Welcome to the site. Sorry your pics didnt work, we would like to see them. Try again. There is a tutorial if you need help posting them
John

#218625 - Sun Dec 12 2010 05:19 PM Re: New Member /Before and after Fry #17 [Re: 37buick]
DIESEL Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: TEXAS
SO........HATS OFF TO YOUR SONS HUSKIE FOR SAVING THE FRY,SOUNDS LIKE IF YOUR SONS OL' HUSKIE HADN'T PULLED ER OVER THE POOR OL PUMP WOULD HAVE NOT GOT TOUCHED!AWWWWWHHH "MANS BEST FRIEND" ! LOL......THERE IS A TUTORIAL FOR ATTACHING PHOTOS ,UP TOP JUST CLICK ON FORUM LIST ,THEN SCROLL DOWN TO PHOTO TUTORIAL!HEY WELCOME TO OLD GAS ,GLAD YOUR HERE & WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE FRY, AND A 37 BUICK! TAKE CARE-

#218628 - Sun Dec 12 2010 05:26 PM Re: New Member /Before and after Fry #17 [Re: Vermonter]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
WELCOME TO OLDGAS
Where ADDICTS spend their time Waiting for next Fix.

ImageShack.com or PhotoBucket.com are Both FREE image hosting sites + there are a bunch of FREE photo re-sizing site on the web.
Here is the Tutorial for using ImageShack in the TEST Thread of oldgas;
http://oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=126797&page=1
IF you wanting to post multiple images, I open 2 browsers, 1 for copy & other to Paste [better than going Back/Forwards].
NOW post some pictures!

#218640 - Sun Dec 12 2010 05:53 PM Re: New Member /Before and after Fry #17 [Re: Dick Bennett]
Ryan Underthun Online   content

Loc: Duluth, MN U.S.A
Welcome to oldgas.

visit my website for original gas pumps and parts

www.thepumpdump.com

#218885 - Mon Dec 13 2010 05:48 PM Re: New Member /Before and after Fry #17 [Re: Ryan Underthun]
K W FRITH Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Devils Lake, ND---USA
We're still waiting for pictures of this Fry 17!
Cell#-701-739-6133

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved