Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#22074 Fri Nov 21 2003 08:03 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I am thinking of trying to put together a meet in Utah next summer. Just wondering if anyone would be interested. I know I can round up a few local guys, but would any out of towners make the drive? I am about 45 minutes north of Salt Lake City. Also, I would like some input on how to do it. I am thinking it would just be a one day meet so everyone doen't have to take as much time off work. I know I have a hard time getting to the 3 or 4 day meets. Let me know what you like or dislike about the longer meets. Any input is welcome.

Thanks, Dave

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I'm in Colorado..and depending on the day chosen would certainly consider going. Sppedway

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
First you need to find a place to have it, so you know the cost for a two day event. one day is no good. and try makeing it Sat an Sun. check with a local motel for deals for out of towners. plus a few more motel address. advertise it locally plus in any car shows, flyers, tell t-shirt venders, food concession people. and givaway a free saleing space to the guy that comes the farthest. If the timeings right some of us Cali fat boys would come. good luck.

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
HEY DAVE!!!! I'M SURE I COULD MAKE IT IF I WAS INVITED???? YOU KNOW WHERE I LIVE.... FRANK..

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Hi Dave, i would just keep it simple. The best part about the rules..."There Are NO RULES!"

If you do a 2 day and only 6 vendors show and people arrive the second and nobody is there they will not be happy. Do a single and wether its 6 or 60 vendors you will have fun. I think the average guy that has a truckload of stuff to sell can sell out in a few hours if prices are good, so if no large inventories show up it can get pretty empty in 3 hours.

Its your deal make it the most painless that you can, and have fun!!

I was thinking of having one here, i am trying to get an old garage as a location near the Hillclimb we have here every May long weekend. Anyone in this neck of the woods that think they might want to participate, let me know.

Small meets can be fun, I usually get at least one good lead per swap-meet, just hanging around talking to folks and putting up a few wanted to Buy signs with pics of stuff I have.........my 2cents..dodogas

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
I also live in Colorado and have been talking to a few others around here about putting on something. Again depending on timing I would be interested in attending! Utah is almost as close as Vic's show!!Keep us posted..
Ric

Wanted: Conoco, Marland, Eason, Cliff Brice, Speedway and Oval E stuff!
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
ONE DAY SOUNDS GOOD!!

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Good Idea T-boner, That sounds good to me.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved