Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I've only attended 2 shows......Hershey and Mason-Dixon. I've enjoyed them thoroughly and have been to both shows multiple times. I may not always come home with a major find that I've been after, but I NEVER come home disappointed. I've met some truely great people at these events along with some equally great conversation. But most of all, and this is just my spin on things, it almost feels electric. Everytime I walk in the door for the first time, I get goose bumps from all there is to see and the promise of what I might find. Mason Dixon is a great atmosphere and as Mark stated, it's purely original stuff and nearly all petro and it's kind of a cozy affair being mostly in a large builing. Hershey is a different animal on a scale that's hard to put into words. If you're new to the hobby, I can tell you from first hand experience, people make the hobby. Keith Elza who is one of the organizers of Mason Dixon, really made an impression on me in my early days of collecting and is a gracious host who is more than willing to engage in conversation. There's a lot to learn at these events. You just need to make the decision to go. On a budget? So am I. I just plan well in advance, save here and there and I keep the frills to a minimum. Booking a room well in advance (shop around and prepay many times will save good money), keeping your food costs in check (bring something from home) and always plan on enough gas money to cover the trip. Stick to shows within reasonable driving distances and day trips are even better..........but remember, make the decision to go and GO!! You won't be disappointed

........Dave
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Oh wow, great to see Mike Carr chime in, you made my day. I consider myself, for the most part, a passive buyer. I tend to pick a few items I like early at the show and wait till the end of the show to see if they're still there. I figure if it's there I was meant to have it. Probably a slack way to collect, but it seems to work for me. Of course I've kicked myself for a few items I've let get away. I always see killer items going back into the vehicle they came in.

On a side note: Does anyone know what kind of stuff the auction in the next building will be selling off this year?

CircaDesigns Looking for early AMOCO and SUNOCO items.
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Can we put in pre-orders for the shirts yet?

Ed
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Dan, Go to Parzow Auctions on the web. It is listed and there are pictures.....if you can not read....like me! Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...here is the back design (©2011, all rights reserved) for this year's Mason-Dixon shirts...the left chest will be the same format as before...

...they are $15 each, if you want to pre-order, that would be awesome:

(1) send an email to marktheaardvark AT yahoo.com stating what size(s) you'd like...

(2) PLEASE indicate whether or not you got shirts last year - this will help ensure that we have enough at the show for everyone else...

...got it done early this year, Keith! grin

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
gmstuff Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Mark you are the MAN!!!!!!!!! This may just be the best shirt design ever.

I'll email you this week with the all the sizes I need.

Wow, killer...

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Very COOL, Mark!

........Dave
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Look'n good gulfiend! That's going to go in the NASCAR Hall of Fame, dude, I just know it.

CircaDesigns Looking for early AMOCO and SUNOCO items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...yeah, right...wiseacre! smirk

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi guys running the show.....care to PM me a cell phone # so I can keep in touch about set-up times if need be. I remember setting up on friday evening, but what's the window of opportunity? I know y'all go out after and have dinner, etc.

THANKS!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
gmstuff Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Doc, I sent you a PM.

The show is only a few days away. Were totally booked up inside and rye weather looks great! It's looking like it will be another great show.

Please let me know if you have any questions..

Keith

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Dude that shirt is THE BOMB! Wish I could make it...maybe next year dang it!

Wanted: Husky Cans/Signs, Interesting Pump Plates and NC Road Signage

Website www.petrojoe.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
KEITH, NO PM (????)

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...dude, you went all the way to Chicago for Peotone, but you can't get to Maryland?...the ACC tourney ain't that important...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved