Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R

1961 pump with one face Sky Chief one face Firechief, .

Had to do some work to bring out the hidden treasure

this was the pump as found

and a few pics of the recovery process

and the other face after recovery

So now after all the hard work I'm kinda wondering what its worth, the stainless is cleaning up well, and there are only a couple minor dings in it, will be adding a hose and nozzle shortly

Last edited by rattvette; Mon Jan 10 2011 06:04 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
How cool is that! What ever possesed you to believe there was another brand under there?

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
R
OP Offline
R
The black paint was pretty messed up when I found it, with red showing thru on one side and white on the other, wasn't real sure what brand it was I had originally started stripping it for a repaint and then when the paint started coming off it was like a treasure hunt when I realized the pump faces were in such great shape, the old paint had preserved them quite well LOL

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Welcome. So far, these pumps have not developed a following. Just my opinion, maybe $150.00-300.00 if you're lucky? Good Luck, Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Last edited by gasmansgp; Mon Jan 10 2011 06:16 PM.
Welcome to Oldgas.com Shop Talk.
I like that Texaco branding right on the pump face.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
R
OP Offline
R
Well not bad then for $75 and some hard work LOL, picked this one up to at the same place for $70 BUT had to do alot more work to get it in this shape

The globe on the gulf pump is attatched by a magnet (didn't want to drill the top since it didnt originally have a globe)

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow,
You take the time machine when you head up to the local Antique shop? Great prices and cool pumps!

Rare pumps, Chevrolet items, Goldon Tip Gasoline, Marathon (running man)
Cell # 1-502-396-3435 email lowright@aol.com
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: LOWright
Wow,
You take the time machine when you head up to the local Antique shop? Great prices and cool pumps!

Thanks andLOL sometimes it seems that way, and the funny thing is if I go looking for stuff in the truck I never find much, take one of the vettes out AND pow I almost always find myself having to run home or call someone to help me get something big home that I found so cheap I couldn,t pass it up. But I have found that many of the antique shops are not worth the time we prefer little thrift stores, secondhand shops and flea markets, many times they are ready to get off of items they had no idea how to sell, both the pumps came from a second hand shop, they were buried in the back room in what looked like a scene from one of the hoarders shows, after looking around the shop I had struck up a conversation with the owner afer buying a Bennett bilt service station garbage can and had asked if they had any other old gas station stuff and she told me about the pumps and the price, it was an adventure just getting them out of the backroom lol

Last edited by rattvette; Mon Jan 10 2011 07:14 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Love both of them pumps. Welcome aboard too.
Mike

Last edited by bruzer75; Mon Jan 10 2011 08:47 PM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved