Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#22603 Thu Jan 12 2006 03:48 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Ditto JJ Ditto

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#22604 Thu Jan 12 2006 04:29 PM
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
BOB,
I AM NOT CONDEMING JIM BECAUSE HE FILED A LAWSUIT ! " I DON'T CARE.... "

1) FOR LOGOS HE CUSTOM MADE WITH NEW GRAPHICS, COLORS, DESIGN, HE HAS EVERY RIGHT TO COPYRIGHT AND SELL SOMETHING HE CREATED.

2) I DO NOT BELIEVE HE HAS THE ETHICAL RIGHT TO OWN AN OLD ORIGINAL IMAGE THAT HAS BEEN PUBLIC DOMAIN FOR EVERYONE TO USE AND THAT HE DID NOT CREATE !!!!! IT SETS A VERY DANGEROUS PRECEDENT AND HAS ALREADY HAD A DEFINITE COOLING EFFECT ON REPRODUCTION GLOBES.

3) I'M NOT JUDGING HIM ANYWAY, I AM SAYING WHAT HE IS DOING IS HURTING MY ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE HOBBY AT WHATEVER LEVEL I CHOSE !

4) IF I AM THE ONLY ONE ALLOWED TO MAKE SOMETHING THE CONSUMER WILL PAY MORE, NOT COPYRIGHT LAW, ECONOMICS 101.

5)IF I AM THE ONLY ONE LICENSED TO MAKE SOMETHING AND THE $ RETURN DOESN'T SATISFY ME...IT WON'T GET MADE.

6)IF YOU, HUBBA, LANCE, AND SETH ARE SO CONVINCED THAT THIS IS A JUSTIFIABLE ACTION RELATIVE TO DEFENDING THE LAWSUIT, THEN WE SHOULD NOT SEE ANYMORE COPYRIGHT GRABS OF OLD EXISTANT LOGOS SUBEQUENT TO THIS LAWSUIT ? RIGHT ? I THINK YOU ALREADY HAVE EGG ON YOUR FACES.

LARRY IVY

larry ivy
#22605 Thu Jan 12 2006 04:37 PM
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
JJ, et al
Some Hobbiest build cars and drive them.
Some collect the hood ornaments.

Larry Ivy
Premopetrol

larry ivy
#22606 Thu Jan 12 2006 04:50 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
2) I DO NOT BELIEVE HE HAS THE ETHICAL RIGHT TO OWN AN OLD ORIGINAL IMAGE THAT HAS BEEN PUBLIC DOMAIN FOR EVERYONE TO USE AND THAT HE DID NOT CREATE !!!!!

6)IF YOU, HUBBA, LANCE, AND SETH ARE SO CONVINCED THAT THIS IS A JUSTIFIABLE ACTION RELATIVE TO DEFENDING THE LAWSUIT, THEN WE SHOULD NOT SEE ANYMORE COPYRIGHT GRABS OF OLD EXISTANT LOGOS SUBEQUENT TO THIS LAWSUIT ? RIGHT ? I THINK YOU ALREADY HAVE EGG ON YOUR FACES.

LARRY IVY

Defending someone's right to file a lawsuit doesn't have anything to do with what you feel is ethical. Jim is within his legal rights to file a lawsuit. I never mentioned whether I thought what he was doing was ethical or not. I did say that people shouldn't condemn him just because he filed a lawsuit. No one but those involved know all of the reasons that lead to the lawsuit.

As far as how copyrighting affects the hobby....well lets just say that we probably haven't heard the last about this subject!

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#22607 Thu Jan 12 2006 05:05 PM
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
JJ, et al
Some Hobbiest build cars and drive them.
Some collect the hood ornaments.
Larry Ivy
Premopetrol

JUST BECAUSE JJ LIKES ORGINAL STUFF IS NO REASON FOR YOU TO PUT HIM OR ANYONE ELSE DOWN...... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR THE HOBBY LATELY..?

Rex..I edited your post a bit but left the content. Thanks for understanding my friend.
hubba
REX LIKES THIS HOBBY

[This message has been edited by djhubba (edited 01-12-2006).]

#22608 Thu Jan 12 2006 05:21 PM
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
Bob,

You totally missed my point, if these copyrights were merely a defense in this lawsuit they shouldn't be necessary once this lawsuit is settled ? Right BOB ? What would be the use in grabbing something not relative to this case ?
Also I apologize to you because it does effect you as a globe or sign collector. Any progress in marking Limited repro runs will go back underground to hamper traceability.
Larry Ivy
Premopetrol

larry ivy
#22609 Thu Jan 12 2006 05:23 PM
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Anyone got a bet when this ones gonna get locked?

Always looking for SKELLY items.
#22610 Thu Jan 12 2006 05:28 PM
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
KYSOIL
Its very interesting to see how you interpret my statement as a put down but JJ's wasn't ? I guess its all about whose ox is being gored ?

Petty namecalling aside, I'm not here lauding what I have done for the hobby, I'm defending my right to participate at what ever level I see fit, not what someone forces on me. If my position offends you, start another thread where you can all hold hands and sing.

Larry Ivy
PremoPetrol

larry ivy
#22611 Thu Jan 12 2006 05:29 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bob,
You totally missed my point, if these copyrights were merely a defense in this lawsuit they shouldn't be necessary once this lawsuit is settled ? Right BOB ? What would be the use in grabbing something not relative to this case ?
Also I apologize to you because it does effect you as a globe or sign collector. Any progress in marking Limited repro runs will go back underground to hamper traceability.
Larry Ivy
Premopetrol
Larry,
Do you REALLY think the underlying reasons for the lawsuit are about copyright? Or do you think thats just a byproduct of the company splitting up.
Also, I don't remember reading where anyone disagreed with you on how this affects the hobby.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#22612 Thu Jan 12 2006 05:30 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Lets express our views nicely guys..i am still at work and trying to keep up my moderation duties while manning the tattoo shop as well..LOL. Some of you post quicker than i can moderate...LOL

------------------
Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK and humble moderator

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
#22613 Thu Jan 12 2006 05:35 PM
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
Do you REALLY think the underlying reasons for the lawsuit are about copyright? Or do you think thats just a byproduct of the company splitting up.

No Bob, I think the reason for filing copyright is incidental to the lawsuit and will continue. I actually hope it doesn't.

Again, I'm not prejudging any legal action,
I just don't agree with what Jim is doing in one instance. I don't dislike him, I just don't support what he is doing and I have as much right to defend my position as he does his. Actually I was wanting to see how long we could discuss something on this site without the namecalling. If you want, you can ban me and I promise I will wear it like a badge of honor. Dwaine will be jealous !

PremoPetrol (edited 01-12-2006).]

[This message has been edited by PremoPetrol (edited 01-12-2006).]

larry ivy
#22614 Thu Jan 12 2006 05:51 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Time to bury this horse then bury the shovel......

Always looking for Ithaca Gun and Lucky Sam soda items!!!

#22615 Thu Jan 12 2006 06:21 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I see were still having fun!

I want to add to your post Larry... i like original hood ornaments and not those cheap repro ones.

Jarvis likes Rex!

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
#22616 Thu Jan 12 2006 06:25 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
"AMEN" AS THE PRAYER ENDED AND THE CHURCH DOORS FLEW OPEN AND EVERYONE LEFT TOGETHER AND WENT THEIR SEPARATE WAYS IN THE HOBBY CALLED "PETROLIANA."

PLEASE LOCK THIS DRIBBLE......ER, THREAD.....PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LOCK IT!

DOC

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
#22617 Thu Jan 12 2006 06:40 PM
R
R
Doc,you can do whatever you want to with those pictures I sent of my big SOCONY billboard sign,even paint a copy,enjoy!

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved