Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
After some input from members and moderators, it has been decided to drop the display of a member's Total Posts from the sidebar of each topic post. This has been a point of contention that distracts from the community's real focus of sharing info, pics, buy/sell and generally help one another.

The total number of posts for each member is still shown on each member's Profile. Member Profiles are only visible to registered members who are logged in. That is to protect the member's info & email address from spam abusers.

Our software "bad word" filter has been adjusted to remove alternate spellings of some unacceptable words. It is not a perfect solution. In the future, members who post unacceptable words by using clever mis-spellings, phonics or look-alike characters will be considered as violators the Membership Guidelines.

Those who use words, pictures, video or links to taunt others into a conflict will be considered as "throwing the first punch."

Rather than react to a conflict with a reply that includes unacceptable content, members are advised to use the "Notify" button on each post to tell a moderator about the questionable behavior.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Support Oldgas.com with bids from here
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sounds good to me Jim!

I think suspensions need to be handed out for actions. I don't like reading it anymore than the next guy.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I was oblivious to the post count anyway. It's hard to imagine why it would matter to anyone.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Here I thought you guys were all just joking around, a fun loving bunch. Who got tarred and feathered????

Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Jokes are OK as long as someone isn't attacked as the punchline. Fun between friends, but not fun between folks who are definitely not friends.

The moderators have had to warn about, remove or edit more in recent weeks than all the prior year. If more is coming, suspensions should be expected.

In order to maintain an enjoyable community, we have to strive for mutual respect and deal with those who violate the Membership Agreement.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Good idea smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Just for the record, there are no supreme members here, we are all on the same playing field. Please treat other members the way you would treat your mother (hopefully). The rules apply to everybody period.

Like stated above, there is nothing wrong with joking around. Name calling and harassing of other members and other people is not acceptable behavior.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Ryan does that mean I have to hug you & give you a kiss next time I see you LOL laugh Please dont wait for it wink grin

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
SORRY BRAD BUT THAT POST HAS GOT TO BE NOTIFIED! wink

TWO THUMBS UP ON THE REVIEW OF THE MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Simple words cannot express my gratitude for what you just did.You just stopped on a national level what on a local level has made me essentially leave the hobby.I'll watch,hope for the best,and give it more thought.Thank you.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Cool! I like it.

Rare pumps, Chevrolet items, Goldon Tip Gasoline, Marathon (running man)
Cell # 1-502-396-3435 email lowright@aol.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A quick question...curious as to how everyone acquires their member status....Veteran member, Petro Enthusiast, Active member. Moderator, Showcase Feature Host is self explanitory...thx mm

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Good move..Some of the post in the past few weeks have definately made it obvious who doesn't like who...It didn't bother me personally, but there are a lot of good, helpfull people on this board that I'd hate to see turned off this site because of what has been taking place.

Colin Latreille
Always looking for Quality Canadian Oil & Gas & Ford Signs
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: minuteman
A quick question...curious as to how everyone acquires their member status....Veteran member, Petro Enthusiast, Active member. Moderator, Showcase Feature Host is self explanitory...thx mm

Good Question!
Veteran member= 1000+ posts, Petro Enthusiast= 100+ posts, Active member= 10+ posts, member= 9 or fewer posts.

Old Iron,
Thanks for the comments. I know I can never get a perfect balance of free speech and 100% considerate, respectful behavior. It could get messy at times, but we promise to try hard and not be overbearing on the 99% of mainstream members.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Oldgas
After some input from members and moderators, it has been decided to drop the display of a member's Total Posts from the sidebar of each topic post.

That some of the best news I've heard. Thanks Jim.

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved