Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#373636 - Fri Nov 30 2012 05:12 AM Re: Forum Changes - refining the Members Guidelines [Re: Thunder II]
The Shoveler Offline

Loc: Northern California
Hmmm.... Being a new guy here... I had no idea ya'll were potentially venomous??? I have not experienced that yet! I do, however, have a foul mouth. Wasn't raised that way, probably comes from hanging out with the rotten old bastards that frequent my life! I have to agree about the balance between free speech and political correctness... I struggle to keep my speech from to freely becoming politically and socially correctable, I mean, who want's to have to much correctability???
(I'm not to sure what I just said. Maybe I should have checked in here before all the beers with Los Batardos Rottons...hehehe.)

Support Oldgas.com with bids from here
#385383 - Sat Jan 12 2013 01:20 PM Re: Forum Changes - refining the Members Guidelines [Re: The Shoveler]
tx_oil Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Lafayette, LA
Wow... I don't check in for a while and look what happens. Seriously, if the state of things requires this, then let it happen. It's sad when a few who will not follow the rules affect all of us.

#408675 - Thu Apr 11 2013 11:32 AM Re: Forum Changes - refining the Members Guidelines [Re: tx_oil]
Utah Gas Offline

Loc: Utah
Although i don't participate often,i love this site. I have gained a lot of information and knowledge here. I think it might be helpful, if before posting, people would sit back and read their post like it was coming to them from someone else. without the smile,personality,and voice inflections of personal contact,words in print can seem to take on a different meaning than intended. Thanks, dave.

#526976 - Wed Apr 09 2014 05:31 AM Re: Forum Changes - refining the Members Guidelines [Re: Oldgas]
redindianguy Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Oldgas
Jokes are OK as long as someone isn't attacked as the punchline. Fun between friends, but not fun between folks who are definitely not friends.

The moderators have had to warn about, remove or edit more in recent weeks than all the prior year. If more is coming, suspensions should be expected.

In order to maintain an enjoyable community, we have to strive for mutual respect and deal with those who violate the Membership Agreement.

Not sure why anyone gets mad . Its a hobby guys , a fun thing , a stress reliever . Life is short on earth , enjoy every moment .

#559165 - Fri Aug 08 2014 10:53 AM Re: Forum Changes - refining the Members Guidelines [Re: redindianguy]
BryceG Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Peoria, IL
would like to suggest that the 4-image limit per post be adjusted. (up to maybe 10)

to quote DB: "The 4 image rules were put into effect when lots still had Dial-Up services."

I dont think this really applies much anymore. and I would rather have my images hosted by OldGas so that they are available to others in the archives in the future

See some of my collection & Items for sale...
www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com

#559206 - Fri Aug 08 2014 02:47 PM Re: Forum Changes - refining the Members Guidelines [Re: BryceG]
Oldgas Online   cool

Loc: South of St. Louis, MO USA
Members can post more images in a reply to the topic, over and over. So there isn't a limit per topic.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Oldgas 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved