Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE
COULD THAT SIGN IN THE FIRST PICTURE (FROM A MAP I WOULD ASSUME) BE A LIGHT-UP PLASTIC SIGN? LOOKS AWFULLY THICK, WHICH LEADS ME TO BELIEVE.....????

I bought a Couple Imperial Refineries Signs along with poles a few years back, the signs were Porcelain and they were 2 single sided signs with a Metal skelaton between them with a Porcelain can around the edges and was approximately 6" thick when it was assembled. This sign could have possibly been like that insted of a Double sided sign with a ring like most station signs were. I will see if I can find a Picture of one of the Imperial Refineries signs I bought.

Last edited by Esse's Garage; Wed Jan 19 2011 06:09 AM. Reason: Added Info..

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
NOW THAT YOU MENTION THAT TYPE OF SIGN STRUCTURE, I DO REMEMBER GETTING A COMPLETE D/S PORC D-X SIGN SOME YEARS AGO THAT WAS ASSEMBLED THE SAME WAY. A 6" WIDE PORC STRIP IN 4PCS SURROUNDING THE DIAMOND SHAPED SIGN WITH AN IRON SKELETON INSIDE.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE
NOW THAT YOU MENTION THAT TYPE OF SIGN STRUCTURE, I DO REMEMBER GETTING A COMPLETE D/S PORC D-X SIGN SOME YEARS AGO THAT WAS ASSEMBLED THE SAME WAY. A 6" WIDE PORC STRIP IN 4PCS SURROUNDING THE DIAMOND SHAPED SIGN WITH AN IRON SKELETON INSIDE.

They are Super Heavy too!!!! My Back still hurts from that episode and it was 4 years Ago!!!! cry

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
P
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
Gulf ,frontier,and dx pole signs are like that 2 single put together......

Cities service, Vickers, Gas and Auto neons, next exit/ ahead signs and now I'm getting into globes....

AKA PARIS HILTON!
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Polesignkid I think I might know where one is but I have not seen it in about 5 years so I can't remember if it had the bottom or not. Its in the Cleveland area. I'll pm you my phone number and you can call me. Im to lazy to type it all. John

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved