Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#227010 - Wed Jan 19 2011 07:09 AM Re: cities service pole sign [Re: THE AMERICAN GARAGE]
Esse's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Janesville, Mn. 56048
Originally Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE
COULD THAT SIGN IN THE FIRST PICTURE (FROM A MAP I WOULD ASSUME) BE A LIGHT-UP PLASTIC SIGN? LOOKS AWFULLY THICK, WHICH LEADS ME TO BELIEVE.....????

I bought a Couple Imperial Refineries Signs along with poles a few years back, the signs were Porcelain and they were 2 single sided signs with a Metal skelaton between them with a Porcelain can around the edges and was approximately 6" thick when it was assembled. This sign could have possibly been like that insted of a Double sided sign with a ring like most station signs were. I will see if I can find a Picture of one of the Imperial Refineries signs I bought.

Edited by Esse's Garage (Wed Jan 19 2011 07:09 AM)
Edit Reason: Added Info..

#227013 - Wed Jan 19 2011 07:18 AM Re: cities service pole sign [Re: Esse's Garage]
THE AMERICAN GARAGE Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: PECONIC BAY, L.I., NY, USA
NOW THAT YOU MENTION THAT TYPE OF SIGN STRUCTURE, I DO REMEMBER GETTING A COMPLETE D/S PORC D-X SIGN SOME YEARS AGO THAT WAS ASSEMBLED THE SAME WAY. A 6" WIDE PORC STRIP IN 4PCS SURROUNDING THE DIAMOND SHAPED SIGN WITH AN IRON SKELETON INSIDE.

#227014 - Wed Jan 19 2011 07:19 AM Re: cities service pole sign [Re: THE AMERICAN GARAGE]
Esse's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Janesville, Mn. 56048
Originally Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE
NOW THAT YOU MENTION THAT TYPE OF SIGN STRUCTURE, I DO REMEMBER GETTING A COMPLETE D/S PORC D-X SIGN SOME YEARS AGO THAT WAS ASSEMBLED THE SAME WAY. A 6" WIDE PORC STRIP IN 4PCS SURROUNDING THE DIAMOND SHAPED SIGN WITH AN IRON SKELETON INSIDE.

They are Super Heavy too!!!! My Back still hurts from that episode and it was 4 years Ago!!!! cry

#227099 - Wed Jan 19 2011 02:56 PM Re: cities service pole sign [Re: Esse's Garage]
POLESIGNKID Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: CINCINNATI,OHIO
Gulf ,frontier,and dx pole signs are like that 2 single put together......

AKA PARIS HILTON!

#227170 - Wed Jan 19 2011 08:59 PM Re: cities service pole sign [Re: POLESIGNKID]
Happy Birthday Fueluser Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Schenectady, New York USA
Polesignkid I think I might know where one is but I have not seen it in about 5 years so I can't remember if it had the bottom or not. Its in the Cleveland area. I'll pm you my phone number and you can call me. Im to lazy to type it all. John

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog2 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved