Next Thread
Print Thread
#22725 Fri Dec 05 2003 04:48 PM
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Hello everyone, I am new to the club but a long time reader of the posts. I am in the process of restoring my first pump, a Tokheim 39, and I have a few questions that I really need help with. The first problem that I have is the studs that hold the trim on the top of the pump have rotted off, and I was wondering if someone can tell me where I can get new ones. The second problem I have is when I took the Veeder root computer apart to clean it, I did something to it, so when I crank it back to reset it, the flaps that come down to cover the numbers will not open by themselves, and when I get them open, the wheels are not in line with the arrow on the frame. If you know how to fix these problems, I would realy like the help.
Thanks,
-Mike

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#22726 Sat Dec 06 2003 07:00 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mike, Welcome to the madness of gas and oil. This hobby is like a disease and it's bad. You will find your self looking at old farms more that than road. LOL The trim pieces on the top trim you can get from a good automotive paint store. It's just like the ones they use to hold molding. The Vedoor root... well I can help you there. I don't take mine apart because you can clean them up and get them working great without the taking it apart. The thing is you are not the first one to do that. There is a guy that gets on here time to time and repairs these. Post us a picture when you get done.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
#22727 Sat Dec 06 2003 07:10 AM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Jarvis is correct. The spring loaded auto trim fasteners work great. The 39 trim pieces are also being reproduced and contain the mounting bolts..so I'm told. I never take the computer apart either. I just get it working then clean/polish/ paint any unattractive parts.

#22728 Sat Dec 06 2003 09:08 PM
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Thanks for the help. I thought I might be able to get the studs at an auto store. I have the original trim and I want to use it, but the studs rusted away. As for the Veeder Root, I didn't really take the thing apart, I just took the top part of the bottom gear box. I cant figure out what I did to this thing. It was working perfect before I seperated the parts. I have one more question, What do you do if the number wheels are all corroded and the numbers are bad.
Thanks for the help,
-Mike

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved