Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#227187 Wed Jan 19 2011 08:38 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
They are doing a nice job of posting the results of the automobilia. When your in the automobilia section click on the item number and the sale price (including BP) shows up. Some neat stuff this year. Looks like some stuff brought strong money and I thought I saw a couple decent buys. Some really rare stuff coming up Friday and Saturday it looks like as well.

I have dealt with Rory Brinkman in the past and have nothing but nice things to say about him.

Fun to watch............

Always looking for Ithaca Gun and Lucky Sam soda items!!!

H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
Rory is a Stand Up Guy. I've sold to him and he's been very fair with his price offers. He has a job to do and in the past he was blamed for making the rule changes at Barrett but he just did what he was told to do. Many of us have gained, yes and lost, by his being at most sales and auctions.
From what I've seen so far prices are stronger then last year on the cars and memorabilia. No, most of us would not pay what these items are going for but then let the guys with the money have their fun. Sometime all this stuff will be back on the market for sale and hepefully for less money

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree car pricing does seem to be up a bit from last year...but there is still alot of deals compared to what it cost to restore a car nowadays...Great to see all the Charity work done by Barrett Jackson and guys with money to support childrens hosiptal and host of other venues...mm

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have a friend down there buying automobilia. I know what he got and he seemed to do well on most of the items he purchased. I tried to purchase the triangle Packard sign.....unfortunately it went for about 4 times more than I was prepared to spend.

Chuck
smile
Signs Wanted: Sunset, Clipper, Harbor, Indian Motorcycle, Powerlube, Beacon, Michelin, Conoco MM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Yeah, I see that. 36K. Wow. That is a rare one. I have never seen one. Prices looked very strong today. Nice stuff though.

Some decent buys on cars tonight. I about cried when that factory Ford Galaxie lightweight 427 sold for like 65K and the Galaxie with the raceing boat sold as a pair. Both had real period cammer engines and sold for 80K. Those motors are worth that. It's still alot of money, but those are too cool.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I wanted to buy that 1968-70 Lighted MOPAR logo dealership sign..It only brought 5K.

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
I thought this was pretty cool, Sold on Sunday:
Lot #5585 - Goodyear service garage counter-top cabinet

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Yeah, that was cool. Would have liked to see what those tins were. Condition on the cabinet didn't look to good, but a rare piece. $1000 seems like a strong price.

V
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
V
I thought it was a good selection of cars, but the prices paid were out of this world. Some people just have way too much money for the size of their brain.
John

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I know we watched a bunch of it over the weekend. 52 inch HD Sony made you feel like you were there. Absolutely love watching Barrett Jackson car auction.

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Originally Posted By: Hemibird
I have a friend down there buying automobilia. I know what he got and he seemed to do well on most of the items he purchased. I tried to purchase the triangle Packard sign.....unfortunately it went for about 4 times more than I was prepared to spend.
Chuck, if you'd come out to Fred's bash in '09, you could have bought one for a lot less than that.... & I mean a LOT less!!!!!!

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Just back from Scottsdale. My opinion of the Auction...Automobilia prices seemed to be good. Some things were over the top while others were low. Anyone who attends auctions, on a regular basis, will have seen these results played out. There is a following of collectors/dealers who attend along with car guys. All in all, I think it is done well. I was told that car prices were starting to climb? I have no personal knowledge of this as I spent the entire time working. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

GasMan,
You're correct...cars are on the way up again. Nice to see the return of the bull market!! Obviously the economy is improving and people are starting to spend money again. As for the automobilia auction..I bought quite a number of pieces. The dealership sign collection was by far the nicest auto-dealer sign collection to cross the block anywhere in years which I think the prices reflected...I was in on the Packard Triangle until $14,000 then became a spectator. My hat is off to Rory and his crew for putting together a fantastic event and an amazing offering! Already excited about next year!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved