Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: gasoildude
Sometimes auctions things go for much more than they are worth. The shows are a great way to meet people & make friends.

I really like the petroliana auctions. Some high prices but some bargains too. Auctions are also a great place to meet people and make friends in the hobby. The more people you talk to the more you learn, plus its fun to hang out with other collectors.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
All kinds of shows antique,gas, tractor etc, auctions, flea markets, yard sales, e-bay, craig's list, word of mouth. If you look, and follow up on leads you will find good deals. I almost always find something at a show to add to the collection.
I made the mistake when I was younger of Skipping Gary Metz Coca Cola auctions and just going to the room to room swap meet.I thought there were no deals to be had. When I did start going. I found there were plenty of deals. He was catering to a higer end group of collector then I was at the time, that had little or no interest in the more common items. The best reason to go was to meet the people, learn and see what is out there.

J
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
J
Thank you all for the advice and info on shows. I plan to attend the show in Fowlerville and will try to attend one other this spring.

H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
I would say the best two shows of the year mainly due to the size and number of available items as well as they both have an auction attached to them are Columbus in June and Iowa in August.
Interesting mention above about Craigslist. For the first time I listed items the last week on Craigslist (not petrolium, antiques) and out of 5 items I've gotten two DIFFERENT people with the old "I'll buy your item and will be sending a cashiers check including extra money for you to pay the people that will pick up the item". I hadn't seen or heard of that one in a LONG time but to get it twice on only 5 items is really interesting. If any of you have an interest in Oak furniture I am going to put two items on the Non Petrolium site that are both Childrens size (Hoosier Cabinet and very ornate desk) and very rare. From our family

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Shows & auctions are the only places where you can be among other ADDICTS that are just Addicted to this stuff as you are or getting to be!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved