Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#230510 Wed Feb 02 2011 08:14 PM
C
corcam Offline OP
OP Offline
C
hello, hoping someone can tell me how to tell the difference between a repro or real white eagle as I have found the sharp beak fully detailed one that a gentleman has had for quite a few years and wants to do some trading. Unfortunately I have no pictures of it and this I something I need to put together this weekend so hopefully someone can explain what to look for as I believe this globe is real as does the seller. thanks in advance My apologies everyone as I am editing due to the fact in my research and getting a better decription from the gentleman just now it I believe is actually a medium detailed one with the pointed chest feathers. sorry for the mix up and hope someone can still help!

Last edited by corcam; Wed Feb 02 2011 08:41 PM. Reason: wrong information
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Online Cool
Welcome to Oldgas.com Shop Talk, corcam.

Here is a marked reproduction milkglass White Eagle (2006 on base)

Here is a topic about the 3 styles of original White Eagle globes:
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=11899

Anybody got more info?

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
C
corcam Offline OP
OP Offline
C
what year were the first repros made?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
What Jim posted above, this is what they tried to copy

WHITE EAGLE Full Feather #3.jpg
C
corcam Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Correct me if I am wrong but I notice the repro is more shiny rather than milky white and the hump in front of the forhead on top of the beak is more pronounced it appears on the original ones than on the repro thanks

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It looks like the originals have sharper details than the repros. Is that a typical give-a-way? I am guessing that a lot of repros aren't helpfully dated--though I am guessing for a rare piece needed to complete a pump, a nice repro will do until and unless an original can be found.

Those originals are real works of art...

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The 1st Repops should have been destroyed, but were sold instead, they resembled a White Parrot [short beak where glass didn't blow in to mold].
Eagle on left is just like the earlier posting, Eagle on right is what we refer to as the Crows Beak. Not as many have been found.

The most common are the Blunt Beak [also referred to as the Cut Throat because of a mold line under beak], Not as detailed & were a thicker glass.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Everyone is correct here. The phony Eagles are marked as such but the main feature is the beak. When they made these new ones the glass would not blow or form into the mold as they wanted so the beak came out too short and rounded off, unlike the original. So you have a full feather type eagle with a shorter rounded beak which never existed. Notice the originals Dick Bennett posted and the new one Jim Potts posted-it's all there in the beak. I need to call Scott Anderson, who makes these, to see if they ever used another date other than 2006 in these. Scott Benjamin gasglobes.com

C
corcam Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I picked up the white eagle today from the gentleman and I am pleased with it as it looks exactly like the two that Mr. Bennett posted and I am very confident in its originality upon my inspection and I think it is a very cool piece. Thanks for the help on this everyone and I look forward to any more information that someone may ad to this and I am also curious what one of these "medium detailed" ones might be worth and would consider now doing a white eagle pump.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There are a few white eagle gas stations and pump images on Yahoo. Type in "White Eagle Gasoline Stations" and then images. (if you haven't done it before)

Plus, one image has a photo of the White Eagle globe, with some background and a photo of this station in Osage City,Kansas.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Picture Bob posted has a 13.5" Fantasy globe on pump [HAYES 10 gal pump appears to have a CLEAR VISION Bonnet].
1st WHITE EAGLE globes were Etched 1pc, then the Blunt Beak, Crows Beak & finialy the High Detail.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved