Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Recently, I came across the need to hang two new signs on drywall. The spacing was undesireable (not 16 inches) between the two holes in each sign. So, there was no way to get a screw into a stud.

I went to Lowe's after some toggle bolts. After finding that the smallest hole I could get away with was 3/8", I complained to the guy working there that their toggle bolts were too big. He asked if I'd tried Monkey Hooks. What?? I was confused, but then he showed me this great new product.

Basically, it's a hardened steel wire, about 1/16" in diameter, shaped into a J. It's an ingenious design that puts a bearing load on the hole through the drywall, and all of the moment is reacted by the end of the J-hook touching the inside of the drywall 2 inches above the hole.

Installation is easy - just touch the end of the wire to your mark...

Push and twist the straight portion into the drywall:

Rotate the hook to the right position as you insert it fully into the wall:

And, there you have it -- a hanging hook that supports 50 lbs, is removable and reuseable, and only leaves a 1/16" hole!

After reviewing the design, I have no problem trusting the hooks to hold this 40" sign above my desk, or another sign above a globe and some of my most prized pieces. I just don't see how they could fail.

For more info on the hooks, visit http://www.monkeyhook.com

Wes

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Cool idea Wes. They work good with little damage to the drywall. Thanks for sharing

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've been using them for about a year now & they are working out just fine. I bought mine on ebay. Brand name "Heavy Duty Wall Hanger". If you buy 50 or 100 at a time they're really cheap.

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
The have been advertised on TV for several years by Billy Mays as the Hercules Hook. You can get them at stores that sell "As Seen On TV" products. I've even seen them at Harbor Freight sold under another name.

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Does Billy Mays give you 'Mighty Putty' with that??

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
YES HE DOES OF COURSE PLUS SHIPPING AND PROCESSING LOL RICK

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
But wait that's not all - if you order in the next 15 minutes we will double your order and a give you a lifetime guarantee. If the hook every breaks, just send back the pieces and we will send you a new one FREE, you just pay $9.95 for shipping.

All kidding aside, thanks for the update Wes, I did see these on TV but haven't tried them yet, so now I know they work.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved