Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#232666 Thu Feb 10 2011 06:49 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Allen showed up at my house this afternoon with a loaded van. Look what he drug out! It pays to live close to the picker! Maybe some Billups stuff in the back of that van...... Guy called and found another one in a back shed.....

Last edited by roger cherry; Thu Feb 10 2011 06:50 PM.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'd be happy with that one. Great score, Again

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great score, Roger. Glad I sent my collection list to Allen. He seems to find the "good stuff".

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
I guess you better hook Joey up

Cities service, Vickers, Gas and Auto neons, next exit/ ahead signs and now I'm getting into globes....

AKA PARIS HILTON!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Allen sent me a photo of it before he delivered it Roger...I know Roger is first on the list for this Lion stuff...but i'm first on the list for the Billups stuff and everything below my name...Great score!! and he just started wet behind the ears this past summer...Grasshopper, you are learning fast! Arn't you glad that you listened to "grumpy" old members?

Yo, Joey...what number are you on the list for this Lion stuff?

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
OK Paddy, the joke is over. Joey figured it out, it is the same sign, just the back side of the original one. Just in this short period of time the phones have been ringing. I got two things done tonight by making sure Paddy was awake from his afternoon nap and Joey was phone ready while Wal-mart shopping. Allen did come by today, but left my house with more than he brought.

Same sign everyone, just playing a joke on a few "intense" collecting buddies....... Everyone take a good look at Allen, as he is the nose for sniffing out the good stuff.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If Paddy would go to bed before mid-night, he wouldn't need all those afternoon naps. LOL

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
so the jig is up?? we got stone cold busted!!!.
Joey...you know that your loved...good old southern humor!...
I'm gettin' tired ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
With Paddy involved I thought there would be a few 30" Cushing, Eason, Marland, TROCO and Wilcox Signs.

Collect small Oklahoma Oil Co.'s 1920's-1940's. Barnsdall, Cushing, Eason, Marland, etc.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
So im at Wal Mart Grocery Shopping and I start getting text messages, Stating he found another one! I get a picture and see its the same sign just flipped over. I call Roger and call him out. He admits to it pretty quick, But states this prank is for Paddy, But I beg to differ...

I dont know where I rank at on the Lion stuff but if this is what Allen finds I would be happy to take sloppy seconds lol.

Joey

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: okoil1
With Paddy involved I thought there would be a few 30" Cushing, Eason, Marland, TROCO and Wilcox Signs.

you mean this?
a blast from the past...about four years ago....boy we use to have some fun back then!

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=73304&page=1

Last edited by texaspelican; Thu Feb 10 2011 08:58 PM.

Paddy
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Talking about "the stuff is still out there", where Allen took me to get the sign I swore I heard banjos playing in the background. Deep woods, cudzu infested, middle Mississippi in the middle of nowhere, close to nothing. And that is coming from a guy who lives pretty far away from town now that I moved. We still had a great time, nothing like junking with a buddy who loves the hunt as much as you do...
Paddy and Joey, we were just having a little fun, if I did'nt poke a little, well, you know, it makes life bearable.. Next Lion is for Joey, next Billups is for Paddy.....

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The market is being flooded..LOL
nice find

RANDY

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved