Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B

Last edited by blacktee; Sun Feb 13 2011 03:31 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Mikemas
Ohio Oil,

You're talking in total riddles Read my Lips - All our signs are clearly marked "Old Style" for modern signs and "Vintage" for original signs. In over a thousand feedbacks there is not one complaint - so you need to move on to a valid subject!

If your signs are clearly marked "old style" and "vintage" then that's wonderful. If you are referring to your listing on ebay then you are the one talking in riddles dude.

"Everybody else is doing it"....can't tell you how often I heard that one from my kids. No matter how hard you try to spin it or twist the argument you will find very little support here.

I'm checking out on this discussion, it's painfully obvious nobody here will get through to you.

Thanks for your participation in this topic here on oldgas.

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Should this really even be a question that's asked......4ell ya they should be marked....and those that don't mark them should be hung out behind the station.....

Cities service, Vickers, Gas and Auto neons, next exit/ ahead signs and now I'm getting into globes....

AKA PARIS HILTON!

Doug,

Don't have an answer for you on the Texaco Aircraft sign other than the fact its a real sign that I bid on and paid "Real Sign Money" for it in an auction and so did many other experienced bidders against me. They all felt it was a real sign as well.

To be honest with you, someone is going to win that great sign other than you guys because you have shut yourself out of the opportunity. You cannot say with any facts the sign is not 100% genuine.

Originally Posted By: blacktee
[quote=Mikemas]Nicole,

Thanks for your post and thoughts - as I said, I'm gain to do what ever small part I can contribute to combat the sales of new signs as old. However, please keep in mind that our primary eBay business is old vintage signs, we only offer the new signs for the customers who love the era yet can't afford some of the original signs.

Mike Mas

What have you done about your TEXACO AIRCRAFT SIGN AUCTION ? NOTHING !!!

KZ1000 was making his own comments, where do you get off stating he's speaking for "all" members ?

Change your habits, maybe then you might get some respect !!!

Doug

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
All this hot air, ain't nuttin' gonna change boys. Put your "talents" to better use. Terry

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Originally Posted By: Mikemas

Doug,

Don't have an answer for you on the Texaco Aircraft sign other than the fact its a real sign that I bid on and paid "Real Sign Money" for it in an auction and so did many other experienced bidders against me. They all felt it was a real sign as well.

To be honest with you, someone is going to win that great sign other than you guys because you have shut yourself out of the opportunity. You cannot say with any facts the sign is not 100% genuine.

Originally Posted By: blacktee
[quote=Mikemas]Nicole,

Thanks for your post and thoughts - as I said, I'm gain to do what ever small part I can contribute to combat the sales of new signs as old. However, please keep in mind that our primary eBay business is old vintage signs, we only offer the new signs for the customers who love the era yet can't afford some of the original signs.

Mike Mas

What have you done about your TEXACO AIRCRAFT SIGN AUCTION ? NOTHING !!!

KZ1000 was making his own comments, where do you get off stating he's speaking for "all" members ?

Change your habits, maybe then you might get some respect !!!

Doug

Mike Did you double up that morning ?

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
I'm with kz on this,big surprise, marked or unmarked, If it ain't real it's for a different type of collector ;;;;;;;can you say garbage. ;;;;;;;;Ron

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Marked, no exceptions. (On the item, not just advertised as such.) Have a lot more that I'd like to say, but it's like beating a dead horse and you just won't get through to some people, especially when there is money to be made. Greed is a terrible thing.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You guys remind me of the old bearded "Harley Riders" (almost gone now) that refuse to realize that you can ride a bike that dose not drop bolts on the highway or have to sling oil all over other riders! [/quote]
I have a beard, a 65 Harley that leaks oil and I think you make unmarked repo garbage. No reason not to mark your signs other than $$$$$, I'm sure you realize that you have more of a market if you don't date your items. Then the unscrupulous buyers can flip them to the ignorant, everyone in your circle wins, woo hoo. Don't really get your continuous baiting on this site. You keep stating the same thing over and over but ignore questions asked of you, for example, are your signs licensed by the companies represented?

Last edited by Neil Gerrard; Sun Feb 13 2011 06:17 PM.
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Old Bearded Harley Riders------Huh I resemble that remark. your running out of material.------ Harley Davidson parts are produced over seas now. But they are marked,and we are not gone,nor are we blind.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Mike Mas, your quote, "Read my Lips - All our signs are clearly marked "Old Style" for modern signs and "Vintage" for original signs. In over a thousand feedbacks there is not one complaint - so you need to move on to a valid subject!" might be fine for the person buying directly off ebay.... what people are worried about is the next buyer who does not know it WAS marketed as old style. Stamping into the sign (flange) would help. Yes there are repro signs I think are cool because I could never afford a real version but I end up biting my lip and waiting because (see my post of patience) someone (a non-collector) will list a real one not knowing its real list it with a buy it now. I only pray that I am the first one to see it and realize what it is. LOL LOL John

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Jack Sim
maybe we can help our members from buying something that is a fake.

...which is why I posted about the FAKE Texaco Aircraft and Ford signs in the first place...sunlight is the best disinfectant...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.
~ Benjamin Franklin

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved