Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T-way #233311 Sun Feb 13 2011 11:45 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
MOBIL

Better

Last edited by KZ1000; Sun Feb 13 2011 11:51 AM.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
T-way #233313 Sun Feb 13 2011 11:48 AM
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
Mike you came on here spouting garbage about lazer cutting ect wow you can draw a horse and have it lazer cut and powder coated we do not care.

ward

Mikemas #233315 Sun Feb 13 2011 11:51 AM
Online Content
Originally Posted By: Mikemas
I'm confused why on a sign that is not a reproduction of any sign in existence would be moved to this forum . . .

How about "because I said so"? Is that good enough for you?

Ryan

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Mikemas Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: ward zaharia
Mike you came on here spouting garbage about lazer cutting ect wow you can draw a horse and have it lazer cut and powder coated we do not care.

ward

Ward,

But just maybe others do - There are far more reproduction items sold on Ebay them vintage items. You guys have to realize that you can't control the needs and wants of everyone. You continue to speak in general terms of all the people but that's just your opinion. There are thousands of collectors who buy re-issue signs and hang them with their vintage signs. You can't change that you'll just have to accept it the fact that sign collecting is changing!

Remember - Nothing is Forever!

Mikemas #233323 Sun Feb 13 2011 12:24 PM
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
Mike I have not seen any one say they wanted one. Furthermore that bullpoop about the lazer cutting rounding the edge is the mill thickness of the powder coat.

ward

Edited to remove bad language.

Last edited by Ryan Underthun; Sun Feb 13 2011 12:46 PM.
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
Ooops sorry ryan did not think of the word I used. On a funny note I guess i beat the filter

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I thought I read some where that since mobil is still in business you have to get copyright permission and the sign or globe has to say licensed by the mobil corporation. I know that all of the repop mobil globes that i have seen say that.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
T-way #233359 Sun Feb 13 2011 03:59 PM
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
That's why this board is called oldgas.......so take the newgas fake and hit the road......lmao

Cities service, Vickers, Gas and Auto neons, next exit/ ahead signs and now I'm getting into globes....

AKA PARIS HILTON!
Mikemas Offline OP
OP Offline
Ward,

You have got to be kidding . . . do you really think any forum member is going to get up here and ask questions just to get beat up by you guys? Come on let's get serious!

Regardless of what you guys are saying here - I'd bet anything every single one of you would love to have one of those Pegasus horses stuck on a wall in your collection - come on guys Fess Up, the sign is beautiful and has flawless construction!

By the way, regarding the laser cutting remarks - you're showing your true lack of understanding of how the sign is made. You have no idea at all how that sign is made!

Originally Posted By: ward zaharia
Mike I have not seen any one say they wanted one. Furthermore that bullpoop about the lazer cutting rounding the edge is the mill thickness of the powder coat.

ward

Edited to remove bad language.

Mikemas #233366 Sun Feb 13 2011 04:40 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
mobil is my favorite,and no i would not want one of these!period!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
Ok mike you think I have no idea how the sign is made prove to me how wrong I am. Tell me how earth shattering it is to cut and bend steel wait better yet tell me how expensive it is.

ward

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I've given in to the fact I will never have the money for one of those beautiful original flying horses. I can acknowlege the quality of work that you've done. But make no mistake, a modern reproduction or fantasy will never be a "new generation" of original signs because the companies never used them and as such, I would never (knowingly) buy one as a stand alone piece. Yes, you may have a few people that quietly buy one from you.......but you will never see them bragging about they're latest repoduction/fantasy purchase. Time and again in countless hobbies, these things have always caused confusion, created havoc, and even destroyed some collecting circles. I'm still waiting to hear how the copyright issue has been addressed.

........Dave
Mikemas Offline OP
OP Offline
Ward,

Let's make it real easy - show me some of your great work . . .

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Quote:
I'd bet anything every single one of you would love to have one of those Pegasus horses stuck on a wall in your collection

WRONG AGAIN
I Wouldn't pay the Postage IF you were giving them away.

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Mikemas; Please show us all of these beautiful signs you have for sale. Also a picture of what you look like would be helpful, I'm very interested in your items. I would like to say hello if I see you at a show or swapmeet in the future. Your friend ;;;;;;;;;Ron

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved