Print Thread
#2341 Thu Sep 12 2002 12:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anybody ever heard of Raylube? My grandfather has these [paper I think] cans in his shop. They are one quart with a sunburst design, although I do not think they are more thah 25 years old. Very neat looking cans. Thanks, Frank.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#2342 Thu Sep 12 2002 12:36 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Hi Frank, Dwaine here from jlgas , Raylube was the name brand for a later oil company by the name (Mouren Laurens) out of Los Angeles , they came into play in the late 50ties thur 60ties , you could buy there oil in auto parts stores , they never pumped oil just had it canned and distribated as a lot of west coast companies did , there about $5.00 to $7.00 in value , but a nice graphic can, i hope i was of help ,

#2343 Wed Dec 11 2002 03:53 AM
M
M
Dear Frank...

My name is Robert Monroe, I am the grandson of Joseph Mouren-Laurens (my Mom's Father), the founder of Raylube and Mouren-Laurens Oil Company.

I am writing you because, I saw what you wrote and I am very interested in buying those cans you have.

I was in the Marines and have been gone out of the country for almost 10 years and before that I lived over seas with my parents. I did not know my Grandfather that well or the rest of the family. My Grandfather died and the M-L Company closed while I was gone.

It is a very interesting history and pride I have about my Grandfather. He was a poor mountain farmer from the Alps of France. He came here in 1906 with $6.00 and in 1928 he started his Oil Company. Raylube came to the market in 1935. To me, he was a true Entrepreneur and a self taught Business Man.

I have always kept my eyes open for any remnants of the Company but, I never find any.

If you would consider my request, I would be very grateful and willing to buy them and pay for the shipping.

If you know of anyone ells who may have anything related to the Mouren-Laurens Oil Company I would be grateful to be in contact with them. Or if you know where I could look for some, please advise me. There where other brands as well: Raymactic, Cascade and a few others, but I do not remember their names. However, I know that they also made Key-chains, Bottle-openers, Stickers, Sponsored Races and so on...

Thank you for your time and consideration.

With Kind Regards,
Robert Joseph Monroe

Robert J Monroe
Semper Fi
#2344 Wed Dec 11 2002 05:35 AM
H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
Robert..... There is a 2 gallon Raylube can on ebay now, but it does look pretty rough.

#2345 Wed Dec 11 2002 09:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would sell the cans, call me at 208-720 5480, my computer, is down and I am using the one at work. Thanks for your reply. Frank..

#2346 Wed Dec 11 2002 11:10 AM
Raylube had a number of quart cans. The metal one is harder to come by. I would be interested in buying one of those. In the paper they had the early sunburst with no upc label on it and then a follow up one with a upc label. Then came a later sunburst one. They also had some auto trans. quarts. I've also seen the two gallon ones. Still might have some composites early and late if anyone is interested.

#2347 Sun Dec 15 2002 09:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GET ER DONE!!!!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved