Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
I have a few Mobile Oil Tumblers. History is they were made in 1932 by the Federal Glass Company after the Mobile 1931 merger with Socony. They are covered with the red pegasus 1931, so this makes sense. Clear tumblers about 12 or so ounces and the red 1931 Pegasus flying all over the surface.

Has anyone seen these posted in a Mobile collectables guide and if so any thoughts on current value...?

Thanks, manda

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I did a quick search on ebay in completed items(Like I always do) and found these...And others like them... http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Vintage-Mobil-Gas-...1QQcmdZViewItem

------------------

Tom
219-778-3155
signchaser@comcast.net
Looking for early wolfshead signs and hoosier pete signs or globes
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I believe these are from the 50s, I have over 500 glasses given away by oil companies and none of them date any earlier than the 50s.
Jack Sim
Author, Gas Pump Identification book and Air Meter Identification book

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
The tumblers as found by Tom on eBay are pictured on page 109 of the Mobil Collector's & Price Guide (Henderson & Benjamin). They are accompanied by the following comment: "These Mobil drinking glasses from the 1960's shed the wonderful artistic images of the earlier glasses. Price range $10-$25 (Dave Mercer collection)."

As usual, eBay - America's garage sale - can sometimes bring you the merchandise much cheaper!!

Paul

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved