Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I didn't get anything either Kim?

Looking for Tydol-Veedol-Flying A items, especially globes.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Somebody made them a offer they couldn't refuse would be my guess. I had in my watchlist and it's gone. Happens sometimes. Unfortunate.

Always looking for Ithaca Gun and Lucky Sam soda items!!!

gmstuff Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
That funny that it ended early? I emailed the seller to ask a few questions, I also gave his some advise not to end the auction early because he would be SHOCKED by the final price. The seller responded that he'd was defiantly not going to end the action early because he knew what it was worth. I hope he got good money for it?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...well, I guess enough money will make a ***** out of anyone! A buddy of mine was on a well-deserved vacation, and away from petro distractions, so I sent the seller this note (for all the good it did!)...can't wait to hear his excuse...

Dear villagegrocer1112,

Hi - I sincerely hope you are planning to let the Tiolene sign auction run its course. I have a friend on vacation who will not be back until Monday - I'm not about to worry him about this sign until he gets back (it's a vacation, after all), and I'd hate for him not to have a chance to bid on this piece. Anyone who wants it enough to try and end the auction with an offer, can surely wait for the auction to end like everyone else. They're just trying to get it cheaper than they think it will bring if the auction ends. Thanks...

Thanks for your interest in the Tiolene Sign. I will be out of town for a while also, so rest assured the auction will not end early.

Tom

- villagegrocer1112

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...sent this to the seller:

Well, Tom - what happened to the Tiolene sign? You said "rest assured the auction will not end early". That's pretty definite. Yet, your auction is nowhere to be found - not even that Bud Light sign. Please explain.

...anyone want to lay odds on his response? Does anyone think the sign was never actually for sale?

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If he ended it early it would still be a good link, but just show that the auction was over. Where it says "Not Found" means that it was a bugus auction

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...you might be right - the last feedback he has recorded is August 4, 2009...maybe someone hacked his account...who knows?...over the years, eBay has made it progressively harder to get answers to stuff like this...the seller is not listed as 'no longer registered' which happens sometimes when eBay rules are violated...

well...if it comes up again, look out!

Always looking for good Pure stuff, dude...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yup, I agree with KZ1000, ebay yanked it and the other one.

Always looking for Ithaca Gun and Lucky Sam soda items!!!

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Well its Back!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140515874071&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Nice! It should run the course this time!
My estimate is $5277 after all the interest!!!

gmstuff Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
The seller said Ebay pulled the listing because of a probl;em with his account??

If he lets it run I'd guess $7000+, killer sign in great condition. You'll probibly never see another one.

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
You might see another one but probably won't be original. :::::::Ron

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
I asked the seller if I could come and look at it in person as I live in Ohio. Let's see what they say. ;;;;;;;;;Ron

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved