Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
Good Morning,
Thank-you for allowing me to be on this discussion board...
I am an auctioneer in Northern MI and have been commissioned to sell at auction Gilbert Barker Self Measuring Pum.... I was wondering if any of you can tell me where to look for a date stamp.... I do have a model number of T-176-56-236400... this is located on the Gilbert metal tag.... I do not run across these very often to warrant buying a book on these although they all look quite interesting.... If any one can help I sure would appreciate it...

------------------
Always Listening...Always Learning
Rebeca Lawrence Auctioneer
"Your Friendly Hometown Auctioneer

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
If its a visible pump, meaning it has a glass cylinder at the top, it's probably a "176" which was produced in 1925.

Most of us use a reference book called"An Illustrated Guide to Gas Pumps" by Jack Sim which is very helpful in identifying model #'s and prices. If you have a picture to post you can email it to me and then we can tell you for sure.

C Cragg
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Welcome Rebecca. The T-176 was produced in 1925. More commonly called a "visible pump" because of the 10 gallon glass cylinder at the top instead of "self measuring". And the self measuring pumps are often referred to as "blind pumps" since you could not actually see the amount of gasoline dispensed. Although they did have a recording meter. Hope this helps you.

A
OP Offline
A
To: The poor mans museum and Gary Dye...

Thanks for your prompt reply.... I have pictures of this unit but NOT ALL TOGETHER... it came to me in parts... I have of course the facial stand... and the rest of the parts are on our tables... from the pump / handles / measuring numbers / Lg Glass cylynder / plates / skrews... we are thinking there might be a round plate missing ... we tried putting this together yesterday so that I could take a photo but did not have enough time to do so (other commintments) ... I will have the photos of the "parts" up on my website probably by tomorrow morning....

I just could not figure out where to look for a date so that I could put that info into my advertising flyer since I was not able to assemble the pump.. and deadlines were today... You have helped me out completing and I am going to purchase the book you mentioned...

Again thanks a great deal your forum here is a wonderful piece of work and I have added gas pumps link to our first page... I will also recommend this to other auctioneers on our association in Michigan and the National... keep up the good work...

A
OP Offline
A
Dear Friends at Old Gas...

A special thanks to all that wrote and helped me with this project...

I was able to conduct a successful auction sale with the knowledge that you provided...

I have put the auction link on our first page of our website and Have given the names of the people that helped me to the new owner (I got their permission first)....
By the way this unit sold for $1700.00..

Again Thanks for your kindness...

Rebecca Lawrence
All American Auction Service
Buckley, MI
"Your Friendly Hometown Auctioneer"

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
auction13,
Search for the books you want thru AMAZON at the bottom of this page. This site will get a small commission for each sale. It helps to keep the lights on.

The G&B T-176 was 1st produced about 1925 and made for many years after with a few improvments, through the model # stayed the same.
Dick

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved