Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#23694 Wed Feb 13 2008 07:45 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here is a copy on an e-mail, that I recently recieved.....

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:18 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Morning to you. Been working on some globe art, Fargo oil Co, from Colorado.
Glad your feeling better Cheese.

Its things like this, that prevent a lot of people, from posting pics here on Oldgas.... Because of this, I have deleted my Far-go pics, from the current C.O.T.M. feature. It is without a doubt, that these people, have already copied these images, and started in their, immoral, unethical, reproduction of these globes, and/or decals. I have already been in contact with Jim Treadway, at T-ways Graphics, so that we could reproduce these images, and started these discussions, about a month ago. We have already started to check with the appropriate parties, so that we could reproduce these WITHOUT infringing on any copyrights and/or ownerships. I was hoping that my discovery, of the Far-Go decal, would be a benefit to those of us interested in local companies. I was also hoping that this image, would be handled in a better way, than the Powerine "Bearcat" image, which I also found. Apparently I was incorrect in hoping that the images would NOT be copied.

And unlike the last time, that I commented about a similar situation, if you have any comments about this, POST it here, so that everybody can see it. NO MORE INSULTS ABOUT MY MOTHER! You know who you are!

It is my opinion, that this theivery of images, should be addressed.

[This message has been edited by Thunder II (edited 02-13-2008).]

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#23695 Wed Feb 13 2008 09:14 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I understand your drift, but I really don't understand what is going on. I went to the link, but it said under construction, I don't understand why I was looking at this. Can you explain this a little better without naming names, etc.
Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#23696 Wed Feb 13 2008 09:44 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Simply put Jack... There are people, that will copy images posted here, and make decals, signs and/or globes, of those images, without permission of the owners. I had posted pics of a few Far-Go items, in the C.O.T.M. feature. I was planning on reproducing these, after I found out if it would be legal to do so. Somebody else took it upon himself to say that he was planning on producing them. He has been known to pirate images, misrepresent "fantasy" images as rare, and even fabricate false histories, to justify his work. Its just my opinion, that his approach to his self promoting is, well, in a word, Cheesy. He has his own agenda to stir up trouble, and rally his followers, to speak for him, rather than speak for himself.

Anything Chevron
#23697 Wed Feb 13 2008 10:30 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I just had to entertain myself. I took a look at Duane Bucks site. Sure enough, he posted MY PICTURE, of MY Far-Go sign, WITHOUT my permission. Class act Duane! You should be proud of yourself!

Anything Chevron
#23698 Thu Feb 14 2008 01:06 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Following is the only comment I will make on this thread:

Just to make the record straight, I was asked to work on an AA Vickers image for a future globe lens. Once I had it in the rough and sent it out to my customers for their approval, I received an e-mail from a Colorado collector with the two Far-go images attached to the e-mail asking if I thought these images could be produced. I answered that I didn't think so because I thought they were too plain, but I would ask my customers if anyone was interested. One responded "yes" and seven responded "no." So I have no plan of producing these images and will remove them from my website.

"Class Act":
My version of a "class act": A collector saves his money all year to go to Iowa Gas as he hears it's the best show going. He visits with a lot of friends, meets a lot of new friends, and goes to the Bash only to find four guys wearing and passing out hate buttons with his name on it. Now that's a "Class Act" for you!

#23699 Thu Feb 14 2008 04:39 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Just please answer a VERY important question. What gives you, Dwaine Buck, the right, to post MY picture, of My sign, on your website, as your work? Thats MY picture! You stole it, and posted it on your site! WHAT gives you the right?

Anything Chevron
#23700 Thu Feb 14 2008 05:51 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to Oldgas, the finest most mature site on the web! LOL

#23701 Thu Feb 14 2008 06:26 PM
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Leave it alone !!!, It's really between two individuals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#23702 Thu Feb 14 2008 06:31 PM
Online Cool
Each party has had their say in this. This is a dispute between these people, so we expect it to be worked out privately or through attorneys, not aired out here on this forum.

The use of images without permission is an ongoing problem. There are legal ownership and copyright issues that are best discussed with a knowledgeable intellectual property attorney. Images posted on Oldgas.com Shop Talk are protected by copyright on behalf of the image owner. Members do give Primarily Petroliana permission to display the image on the Web.

The moderators expect that all registered and unregistered users respect the ownership rights to any images posted here.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#23703 Thu Feb 14 2008 06:38 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Please settle/discuss this privately outside of oldgas.

Always looking for Ithaca Gun and Lucky Sam soda items!!!

#23704 Thu Feb 14 2008 07:00 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thunder's image is not the only one.

#23705 Thu Feb 14 2008 07:54 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
As far as Fairlanes comment..... Its a fact that my pic was stolen, and posted on Dwaine Bucks site, as his work! So what gives him the right? Crickets. How can you deny that those actions are theivery? Still waiting for an answer Dwaine.....

Anything Chevron
#23706 Thu Feb 14 2008 08:40 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I've had a question about the comment I made about the "Bearcat" images. To clarify that, the original image, is not perfectly oval shaped. I was also hoping to have it made as a water transfer decal, not a vinyl decal. However, the current decal was nicely done. Good work Koz.

Anything Chevron
#23707 Thu Feb 14 2008 08:49 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have to take this opportunity to thank Jeff Cerami (Thunder) for having the great luck of discovering the Bearcat decal under layers of paint on a 36B door panel. Without HIM the Bearcat Globe would not be today!

I hope to have a Far-Go globe as well.

Hope ya' have many more finds!

Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
#23708 Sat Feb 16 2008 01:46 PM
H
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
H
A Question for thunder:
It's pretty well known by anybody that frequents Oldgas that you don't like Dwaine Buck, but I was wondering if you could comment on the last part of his post in this thread.

Here is Dwaine's quote:

"Class Act":
"My version of a "class act": A collector saves his money all year to go to Iowa Gas as he hears it's the best show going. He visits with a lot of friends, meets a lot of new friends, and goes to the Bash only to find four guys wearing and passing out hate buttons with his name on it. Now that's a "Class Act" for you!"

I am awaiting the response of someone who says he speaks the truth.... Ahem.
bob

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved