Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#238927 Mon Mar 07 2011 01:00 PM
OP Offline
I came across this article regarding a neat double sided porcelain sign over the weekend in Utah. It was the top seller at a Petroliana sale held last August. It is of a Washington Chief gasoline sign. It sold for $20,900. Image courtesy of Matthews of Auctions of Nokomis IL. Can anyone tell me anything of this company? What years were they in operation?

Thanks
TONY

Last edited by Woodys Rod Shop; Mon Mar 07 2011 03:25 PM.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WASATCH OIL CO., SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH:

Wasatch was a Salt Lake City based collection of refining and marketing companies that branded stations under the Wasatch trademark in Utah, and various "Chief" brands representative of the state name in Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington. Phillips purchased Wasatch in 1947 and stations were rebranded Phillips 66 at that time. Golden Eagle stations in California, originally associated with Wasatch, were sold off as independents and continued to operate as early as self-service discounters until purchased by Ultramar.

The sign shown was used during the 1930's.

Info taken from Book entitled "Guide to Gasoline Logos" by Henderson & Benjamin.

Last edited by THE AMERICAN GARAGE; Mon Mar 07 2011 03:27 PM.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE
WASATCH OIL CO., SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH:

Wasatch was a Salt Lake City based collection of refining and marketing companies that branded stations under the Wasatch trademark in Utah, and various "Chief" brands representative of the state name in Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington. Phillips purchased Wasatch in 1947 and stations were rebranded Phillips 66 at that time. Golden Eagle stations in California, originally associated with Wasatch, were sold off as independents and continued to operate as early as self-service discounters until purchased by Ultramar.

The sign shown was used during the 1930's.

Info taken from Book entitled "Guide to Gasoline Logos" by Henderson & Benjamin.

It's worthwhile information like this that keeps me visiting here ! Thank you American Garage ..... Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved