Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
JFitz101 #241512 Fri Mar 18 2011 05:08 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jay,
There was a globe on ebay... guy was a little high on it and no one bought it. I e-mailed him after the auction and asked if he could do any better. He basically said he would pay for shipping... well i have a friend that lives :15 min maybe :30 from him. I asked what he could pick it up for me... so was that the best he could do? He asked why would i drive from Indiana 3 hours (really about 2) to pick it up as shipping would be cheaper. I told him again i have a friend that could pick it up. He said he didn't want to waste his time waiting for a guy to pick it up... then called me a bottom feeder because i e-mailed him after the auction to buy it cheap. Now lets see... globe was priced to high and didn't sell and calls me a bottom feeder? Him shipping... what are the odds the globe making it to my door in one piece? I told him if he changed his mind and attitude i would consider it.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Jarvis #241766 Sat Mar 19 2011 07:06 PM
J
J
Thanks Jarvis - I'm feeling like I am right to be cautious now a days. I don't log in all the time but really love the Oldgas forums.

All because I built a shed and wanted a legit old sign for it....I am up to 10 pumps and lots of signs in about 2 years. One or two I regret as not what I thought I was buying but most are fine. I need to slow down and go and look over in person if possible. Some really great folks in the hobby though so that's pretty cool.

Jay

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved