Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is a National A62 the same as a Tokheim 39, just with a different top? And if so, is it a common practice to put a A62 top on a Tok.39, add a National face and ID plate and present it as a Nation A62? Just curious, it's something I've wondered about for a while now. Thanks in advance to all who respond.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
That might be neat and a-62 add glass top on a tall 39. ever do one Larry ?????

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
mornin' running man. A small number of companies back then would repair pumps from other companies, National was one of them. Many times a Tok 39 would come to the national shop and they would put a different top and a face plate on it and call it there own. So many of those old natioals are really toks, so to answer your question yes you can put a 62 top on a tok 39 or a tok 39 top on a 62. I guess its your personal preference.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dwaine,
My gas pump book shows a National 69. Its basicly a tall Tokhiem 39 with a National 62 top. Looks like National used the same top on models 62,64,66, and 69.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Hey Running man , now we know , I think thats great , thanks Bob , Ryan , there was some time in there that these two companys merged???

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
We've put A62 tops on Tok 39's & 300's, it works great. I hate to do it on a 39 because they can sell by them selves really easily, but there isn't anything better than taking an old 300 and slapping an A62 top on it. It's like putting a pig in a prom dress!!
Seth/Vic's Place

L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
Tokheim bought National in 1951 and like Wayne/Martin Schwartz, continued to make national brand pumps based on the tokheim sheet metal while maintaining national's penchant for using mailbox tops with large curved ad glass.

larry ivy

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved