Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#242255 Mon Mar 21 2011 06:25 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Geez. Is anyone else watching Pickers now? Wow, did that guy have some stuff or what!! Those two should have been buying everything at those prices!!!!!

Great items.

Always looking for Ithaca Gun and Lucky Sam soda items!!!

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
The Wayne 866....for that price! Too much?!! WHAT?! I think it had the nicest porcelain door I've seen so far. Some nice stuff there for sure, bought at super prices. If I were only able to find such a place.
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Still think its all BS and staged

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Of course its staged! Do you think they're gonna film a show where they don't find anything? I bet they get a lot of calls to come and look at stuff just because of the TV factor! Good entertainment if you take it for what it is!!!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
That hardware store had some nice stuff. Those Shell signs were clean. This show has killed the hobby. Everyone with a gas pump or sign THINKS THEY HAVE GOLD. Look at craigslist- People asking $1000 for a $200 Pump. As with all fads it will go away soon.

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I was on the fence the other day when this show came up for discussion and I was ready to defend them and say lets just enjoy it. Well I just changed my mind. After seeing the globes and shell signs they bought. It just seems to good to be true. I bet you if I would show up at that store and want to buy some of the same stuff I would be run off. Why would they pass on a clock face Wayne 60 for $600 dollars? That makes no sense at all. I googled Bill Shull and found some info on their trip to his hardware store and in the local paper article from Newberry they stated they don't drive their van to each location. They fly into town to do the show. I guess someone else drives the van or they haul it from location to location. I know it is hollywood but come on lets be real. Who would sell two shell signs in that condition for $475. Original all glass Atlantic globe for $75 and several lenses for $10 each.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Because it is ALL a fraud, guaranteed they are not buying that stuff real cheap as they lead you to believe, Same with passing on under priced items, All just to get the viewers up on the edge of their seats.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Why drive the van there when you can rent one for less than the fuel it takes to transport/drive.

TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
C'mon Dick That is a Mercedes Diesel Van that gets 25-27mpg LOL

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
i was right over there by newberry sc the past two weekends. sucks being that close and just not knowing the stuff is there. did they leave anything good? i dont have cable to watch the show.

Kyle DeKoning

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
What, down hill w/ a tail wind & empty van?

TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
Nope Dick. Even Loaded. They are a 4 cylinder turbo diesel. My buddy has one and gets 24Mpg In town loaded with plumbing tools. They are a great van...They do not have the same driveline as the sprinter.

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
They are still finding this stuff and we get to see it right? I could care less if they buy it and for how much. Where else can you watch tv and see all this cool stuff?

A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
It has been great for my business. I say, I resell so if its worth 300 I need to buy for 125 or less. They get it now. They understand that I need to make money, have a shop, truck and other stuff to pay for.
as far as great deals.. they are out there. My kendall globe inserts, paid 25 each, sold 440 each.
The show is just that, a show. Staged and getting worse, but its great for me.

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I agree with Bill, staged or not, they do say they have to make a profit, that is all we have to say.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved