Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Staged for tv ,we all agree why can't we not watch? Thats the magic of tv,and is based solely on ratings. I'm still waiting for them to stop by on their way out of TN. Quess they might have flew out huh. What will it do to the collectables,remains to be seen,I think. Barreat Jackson had big impact on autos, good if your a seller,not so good if you were buying.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Still love it - the characters and thier back and forth is pretty funny. I guess I am still too new to know what pumps are worth what - I do remember them getting a 15 gal visible once and now that I am getting into the hobby - I haven't seen a 15 gallon before, so maybe it's rare?

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
A 15 GALLON WAYNE, I thought it might come up. Went straight to jacks book. Nope not there, cyclinder looked 3 foot long. Quess their out there huh.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Take the show for what it is....entertainment. I hear people complaining about the show driving prices up. I guess those $75 gill body globes are too expensive?

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It wouldn't make for good TV if they showed the eighteen wheeler that follows them around to buy entire collections which is what is happening. I have a friend of mine that grew up with them and I said how could they buy that Standard sign and leave all those other cheaply priced signs??? His answer was "They don't leave anything behind." When the camera stops they buy and load everything they can flip. I still hate that damn show. The Ford Neon Tractor sign got my blood pressure up big time. I want that damn sign:((((

Kris Strong
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Strange how much "commotion" these 3 (have to include,Danielle and her tats) have brought to American conversations in the last 2 years.

We seem to talk about them here every few months and people on the streets talk about them continuously, it seems.

Today while working in the garage, my new mailman notices that the overhead door is open, so he hand delivered my mail to me.

He sees some of my collection on display and the very first thing out of his mouth is..... "Have you seen American Pickers?..... sick laugh

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
In the last year I have met 1 person, that did not know that show.
Retired TV guy here... its all about ratings. Ratings are money !!

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Quote:
It wouldn't make for good TV if they showed the eighteen wheeler that follows them around to buy entire collections which is what is happening.

Exactly, that's why they don't show it.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Bob Richards
He sees some of my collection on display and the very first thing out of his mouth is..... "Have you seen American Pickers?..... sick laugh

No kidding! I had lunch with some people from work and some dealer folks today at Cracker Barrel, and I mentioned that I collected signs and such like the ones on the walls. The first thign I heard was "Have you seen that show... what is it.. pickers or something?" It never fails.

Wes

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wes, You're probably the only person that hasn't seen the show!

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Oh but I have! I watched a few episodes on the history channel website. smile

Wes

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: thermactor
Oh but I have! I watched a few episodes on the history channel website. smile

Wes

Like you Wes, I just watched last night episode on History.com.

I esp liked when Frank asked Danielle to send The Coordinates in ALL CAPS so that Mike could read it (with his bad eyesight!). LOL!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
When I go out to the local flea markets here in SC with my spread of toys, signs, and other miscellaneous old stuff for sale I always get that "You should call American Pickers" *****. Why would I call guys in Iowa? And isn't it funny how they never travel west it's always east of Iowa?

I always suspected they buy alot more than they let on as I know guys in my local area that travel up to northern states and buy truckloads of primitive/antique stuff to bring down here to resell on a regular basis.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Had a guy call me today wanting to sell his old pump. I don't know what it is but he was not going to take less than 600.00 for it because he saw that is what it was worth on pickers. I might check it out someday. Probably a Wayne 505. Maybe I can pull some of the Pawn Stars lines.

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i know if i was close by this guy i would be beating his door down, with a pocket full of hundreds...thats if pickers left anything. chris

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved