Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#242743 - Wed Mar 23 2011 06:05 PM Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- March 2011 [Re: bwfergus]
Hy-Flash 72 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Waterville,Ohio
On RT 224...Indiana

Randy

]

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#242752 - Wed Mar 23 2011 06:33 PM Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- March 2011 [Re: Hy-Flash 72]
dodgeman60 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: wisconsin
HERES AN OLD STATION WHITTLING AWAY, THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE.

Attachments
phpYceoKzPM.jpg

#242897 - Thu Mar 24 2011 01:08 PM Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- March 2011 [Re: thermactor]
Dave Rowlison Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
This lake front location was a Shell station according to the owner. Located just off old US-27 in Indiana.

Attachments
post.jpg

#242961 - Thu Mar 24 2011 06:06 PM Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- March 2011 [Re: Dave Rowlison]
Bob Richards Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Longview, WA
Now that is a great little station. I would like to live in a little place like that. Does it have a one bay or two bay garage below?

I've seen a couple of old stations somewhat like the photo, where the pumps were up above on the street and the garage portion was down below. One just drove down a driveway to the garage. Kept noise from the garage down, plus it kept street traffic moving at the pumps.

#243277 - Sat Mar 26 2011 05:30 AM Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- March 2011 [Re: thermactor]
texaspelican Offline
Showcase Feature Host

Loc: 7 miles from Texas in Louisian...
Originally Posted By: thermactor
Here's another great Texas station. The owners have done a lot of restoration work to fix the structure, as the old mortar was crumbling from between the rocks. They did a great job with the building, sign, and island.

Incidentally, all five of the pics posted above were taken with a cell phone. So, remember -- even if you don't have your camera with you, go ahead and stop to get a picture of that great station or item that you spot while driving around!

Wes

all five from Jefferson?

#243286 - Sat Mar 26 2011 07:34 AM Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- March 2011 [Re: texaspelican]
Hy-Flash 72 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Waterville,Ohio
Here is one from Kenton, Ohio. I never knew it was there. Before there was big tent in front of it and they were selling flowers.

Randy

#244186 - Tue Mar 29 2011 09:05 PM Re: FATW -- Found Along The Way -- March 2011 [Re: Hy-Flash 72]
philmccauley Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Bardstown, KY USA
Ran across today.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved