Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yes a different seller, but both are Located in North Carolina.

They both are NOT passing these off as Porcelain, so why the need for using paint remover as a test? I should think a seasoned collector could tell the difference bewteen what's old & heavy and what's new & porcelain-like!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
What about the authenticity of items sold at some of these other auction sites? I'm still learning and I've been reading as many post in all the forums I can. The reason I ask is I saw a sign at one of these sites and it has the Walker name on it as well. Its a huge Ok used car dealer sign.

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
for got to say its a neon sign

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
DOC - it shouldn't even take a seasoned collector. Anybody looking to spend this kind of money shoud have taken some time to learn a bit about porcelain signage.

And if you look, the 'Walker' logo is obviously hand-painted - and with the additional lettering of the sign company the made this sign added to the 'logo'. See the 2nd photo in the listing.

The sellers of this particular sign are telling you everything you need to know about it. It is a reproduction, painted sign ready to be mounted to a can and already drilled for neon.

No one - I repeat, no one that is running this auction is trying to deceive anybody. And with the hand-painted logo (under the clear coat), it shouldn't be a problem 'on down the line'.

Buyers need to take some responsibility for their purchases by educating themselves BEFORE they go shopping.

Later . . .

Jim

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved