Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#242447 Tue Mar 22 2011 05:30 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I just started my restoration of a Martin&Schwartz 80, does any one know the color for the frame work, the finished product will be Standard Oil colors, I am also missing a few parts but will post it in wanted to buy.

DSC07959.JPG DSC07960.JPG DSC07976.JPG

Always looking for Pumps and signs in Michigan and surrounding areas
www.murraysbodyshop.com
www.rustynutsrestoration.com
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
My only pump so far has been an 80. One thing I noticed in mine along with alot of other photos I've seen before they are restored, is a yellow color to alot of the parts. I don't know if they used a yellow primer and some of the paint came off (I doubt it) or if it was all yellow. That being said I think the dull primer yellow type color would clash with a red, white and blue pump. Were they red, white & blue? I see more 80's with silver and black frames after being restored than anything else. But really it is up to you. Be different it you want, it's your pump.

Have fun with it,
Mike

Life is like a video game. The more you play, the better you get!!!
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
The base should be painted black.

I personally paint the frame assembly and all other internal parts with a Hammertone Silver or Hammertone Black.

It's easy to shoot out of the rattle-can and you can 'spot fix' any nicks or gouges you get during assembly without it showing.

It's cheap, easy - and most of all, looks real good when you open the doors.

Later . . .

Jim

The majority of the ms 80 pumps that I have had all had yellow paint and appeared to be factory.

When I restore any pump, I paint the framework and all of the manifolds and pieces silver. Its easy, and always looks good when you open the doors.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Inside frame work Silver.......inside sides and doors Tan....outside Red and White.

Now can anyone tell me how the linkage goes from the nozzle latch on the inside to the register (second photo) smile

Oh..ya....black hose will be here tomorrow with 1 inch male threads on each end wink
Globe to be painted original RED on highlights shortly grin
All pump lights come on when garage door is opened. Outdoor outlet wired directly into garage door opener light system cool

Last edited by Dynamite; Wed Mar 30 2011 08:53 PM.
Originally Posted By: Dynamite
Inside frame work Silver.......inside sides and doors Tan....outside Red and White.

Now can anyone tell me how the linkage goes from the nozzle latch on the inside to the register (second photo) smile

Oh..ya....black hose will be here tomorrow with 1 inch male threads on each end wink
Globe to be painted original RED on highlights shortly grin
All pump lights come on when garage door is opened. Outdoor outlet wired directly into garage door opener light system cool

1. Inside Framework including Pump and Register covers SILVER,
2. Inside Side Panels, inside Doors, inside Top, inside Base Rustoleum TAN
3. Paint all the Brackets BLACK
4. Plumbing RED smile
5. Nozzle Receiver outside SILVER, Nozzle Receiver inside BLACK
6. Use Stainless Steel Nuts, Bolts and Washers throughout.
7. Use Phillips head metal screws for all panels to frame attachments wink

8. Replace old steel electrical conduits on top electrical manifold with brass tubing (1/2 inch brass pipe) so you can re-thread 12 gauge electrical wire through each section separately.
9. Replace the electrical switch in the electrical manifold (with a standard slightly modified 110v standard wall switch). The top of the manifold you can screw off using a pipe wrench (couterclockwise).

10. The electrical switch control is not modified but may have to be refurbished because of corrosion on the inside of the electrical manifold on top.

Last edited by Dynamite; Thu Mar 31 2011 08:51 AM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved