Next Thread
Print Thread
#244864 Sat Apr 02 2011 07:05 AM
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Inspired by D Phillips's post a little while back about how people display their ad glass, I felt the urge to act on idea (Adult ADD will get you everytime). Right about that same time I came across a listing on e-bay that showed a Phillips 66 aviation oil can that I had never seen before (remember I am new to this). I eventually purchase this can from Racecop and find that this was the catalyst for this project. Wanting the ad glass sign to match the oil can, I talk with Jim Treadway (T-ways Graphics)about adding black and orange shields to a flite fuel ad glass. We settled on aviation instead and it turned out pretty good in my opinion. Then found some 12 volt orange LED lights on e-bay and 12 volt transformer and here is what I have come up with for an Ad Glass Display/Oil Can Display shelf that will be used as a night light. Still trying to decide what color to stain it but thought it was far enough along to share.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by DasFast1; Sat Apr 02 2011 09:08 AM.

Life is like a video game. The more you play, the better you get!!!
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Very nice. I like the orange LED's.

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Nice job! Anything that combines woodworking and "old stuff" is right up my alley!

It looks like you used poplar to build it -- if so, whatever color you choose to stain it, make sure you use a gel stain or it will get really blotchy.

I hope you don't mind if my students use your idea -- that looks like something some of them would really get a kick out of building.

Chris

D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Chris,

Don't mind at all. Extra credit for your students - The next thing I would like to incorporate into it would be a photocell so that when the room light shuts off, the LEDs come on. Just not sure where I want the hole for the photocell.

Last edited by DasFast1; Sat Apr 02 2011 09:06 AM.

Life is like a video game. The more you play, the better you get!!!
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Very nice! I know your son will love it.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved