Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Think I should send Both of ya some MUSHie Lemons/Oranges! sick sick

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
You are asking for specifics things......this is impossible. If Anyone could tell you that with any certainty, they'd either be fooling themselves or not of this world. I believe several answers have been quite direct to your question.

........Dave
L
L
Well, the way I see it is there are many items[antiques] from a few hundred years ago that are collectable, and some are quite expensive. Buttons and silverware are two that come to mind, I don't see why our hooby items won't keep there monetary and sentimental value, especially considering what a huge part they played in the development of society[the invention of the car,etc...]I personally would love to own some authentic Roman weapons, armor, etc...,out of my price range right now... cool

Last edited by lleno; Tue Apr 05 2011 05:57 PM.
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
I get your point. What is made by hand or with enough quality to be considered for archive as a collectible years from now. I think of art (pottery, glass, paintings, quilts), hand made furniture pieces that are first rate, but that is about it. You make a good point. Wearing out is now part of the engineering process. Designed to last just long emough for the purchase to not feel ripped off, and to buy that brand again.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
What I'm saying is... If GPS Systems replace maps, we will NO LONGER HAVE MAPS TO COLLECT..... Signs are no longer being made of porcelean over steel, they are made of plastic that breaks. Are ya' followin' me here?

I'm just not seeing any future, in what we have today. Simply because, a lot of the old collectibles, (S&P Shakers, calendars, maps, ect) are no longer being given away. And what is produced nowdays, (plastic oil bottles, grease in cardboard cans) just have no longevity.

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Then the future of the hobby is the past. If the plastic sign made today is gone tomorrow then the only thing left to collect is the porcelain sign made to last longer than us.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm going to start saving those plastic phone cards

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
KZ Your right. I haven't seen a prepaid calling card in I don't know how long. That might be something to collect a .03 per min calling card.

L
L
I thought many plastics last very long times, don't they sit in landfills for decades?? There will be plastic oil bottles hidden away in forgotten spots under conditions that allow them to remain preserved, just like the metal signs we collect....just like books of centuries gone by found in varying conditions....

Last edited by lleno; Tue Apr 05 2011 07:20 PM.
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Thunder 2, I got it ,and wasn't going to comment ,but you have slowly gotten to my thought process. These up and coming years,could soon be know as the glory days of petrolina,in genaral, if it wasn't for fat cats,pushing oil and gas, you would probabley be,collecting any combustable ,ran on petrolina. GPS,replaces maps, so that is your collectable. What will be the tool, that enhances,and makes the gps a thing of the past. We are,just to old school and blind to see and realize, what we are using as high tech today, will be dinasours of the future. Remember the 1st mobile phone 9pds, and great item for personel protection.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
That is true. Guess I should have used a different example.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
In the year 2525, IF man is still alive......
Collect what ya want, I ain't liven that long!

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
YEP, I hear ya,me neither. I just saying that the gps is what a map collector should add to the bottom of his collection,because it is the evoled map of today, and yes won't be thought of that way till 2025.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I could see credit card applications becoming collectable.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Could you RESTATE the question???........ confused laugh

Last edited by cormy; Tue Apr 05 2011 09:14 PM.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved