Print Thread
#24694 Sat Sep 14 2002 02:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for information on a Reel Way pump. At least that what it says on the face. I have been collecting for a while and this is the first one I've come across. And YES I have Jack's latest book, can't find it in there and I don't want to buy another book. The primary thing I need to know is approx. value unrestored. About five foot tall, average unrestored condition. Thanks

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#24695 Sun Sep 15 2002 07:26 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M runner, I am not familiar with this pump. Is there anyway you can get a picture on here? At the top of this forum tells you how to post a picture or Jim the moderator can help. We all might like to see a picture of it and maybe someone will recognize it and help you.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
#24696 Mon Sep 16 2002 06:29 PM
M runner sent me this image of his pump.

This is a Bowser 595. The Reel-Way metal tag is attached with the bottom face screw. The faces have been repainted, judging from the hardware store letters for "SALE." Originally, a Bowser logo decal was located under the "This Sale" numbers. That decal is reproduced and is available from vintage gas pump parts suppliers . Your doors must be switched around because the vertical rollers on the corner edge should go on the side with the nozzle and hose. The white panel with the vertical lines is a Bowser generic ad glass. These are also available vintage and repro in various brand logos.

This pump and its value are in Jack's book, "An Illustrated Guide to Gas Pumps" on page 117. If a collector has no ID plate or pump maker markings, I'd suggest slowly paging through the book from cover to cover. Not every pump model made is there, but, wow, nearly all are there.

------------------
Oldgas
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#24697 Mon Sep 16 2002 06:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The value? I tried to sell mine for $375.00, still have all 8 of them. Mabey $300.00 is reasonable? Frank.

#24698 Mon Sep 16 2002 08:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks to all for your replies and emails. That's what makes this hobby more enjoyable. Once again thanks!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved